IGNORED

Sophia 2 - improved GTIA replacement

Simius

Just one important question - are the following covered?

- GTIA colour only mode with luma = 0 for backrgound and foreground colours aquiring their luma from COLBAK.

- the exploit to have a PM object cover the entire remains of the scanline using timed SIZEnn changes.

5 hours ago, Rybags said:

- GTIA colour only mode with luma = 0 for backrgound and foreground colours aquiring their luma from COLBAK.

- the exploit to have a PM object cover the entire remains of the scanline using timed SIZEnn changes.

1. I'm not sure, what do you mind. Can you confirm? GTIA colour only mode means Graphics 11, right? The background luminance is always 0, the foreground has a luminance from the COLBAK register, right? Is that the question? 

2. I suppose I understand. The answer is - yes.

Question, I have a DVI LCD monitor that I can use but is it possible to use it via a scart RGB way on a crt?

If the answer is no then I still want one please and will use the DVI monitor but I do like to keep it all via crt if possible...

If yes, is it an easy thing to do..

Thanks..

Thank you Simius.....You can have my money :)

Sorry, last question, is there a premade cable out there or make it yourself?

Just so I can preorder the cable for when the Sophia comes out..

Thank you!

Edited by Mclaneinc

The issue on VBXE (it's been a while so this description might be off).

The GTIA colour only mode doesn't force the background colour to 0 luma so you get a display with the background luma same as displayed colours.

No room remaining in the core space for a fix.

So, the workarounds available could be - create an overlay background that forces the GTIA background to what it should be.

or use PM graphics under PF to blacken the background (unsure if that would work).

I don't know if the full scanline PM trick works or not on VBXE either.  AFAIK there's maybe 2 or 3 demos in existence that use it.

• Thanks 1

Hi Simius, I'm going to partner up with Simply Graham who will order two to save some postage unless of course the postage is free :)

So disregard my order and look out for two from Simply Graham.

Sorry to mess about but its all money :)

Simius,

The question was asked about the cable, and the response was DIY.

I'm sorry, but I need more information beyond DIY. So what exactly gets put on the end of what I presume is a ribbon cable coming from the Sophia2. Or in other words since this is a multi-functional video board, will there no longer be a DVI connector on a small satellite board?

So let's say I order this board and I want to use it for VGA, will it come with a hi-density 15 pin VGA connector? If not, how does one wire up this jack? Instructions or a diagram would be nice.

Thank you ;-) .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mytek said:

Or in other words since this is a multi-functional video board, will there no longer be a DVI connector on a small satellite board?

So let's say I order this board and I want to use it for VGA, will it come with a hi-density 15 pin VGA connector?

As I already said, the output is a standard, DVI-I connector. Like on the picture:

DVI29.thumb.jpg.176984059966b253222b2aa4a6044af5.jpg

If you want to connect a VGA monitor, you need a standard DVI2VGA cable. Like on the picture:

DVI2VGA.thumb.jpg.9f393b35fc57a7d064d7eec8c5786d13.jpg

Edited by Simius
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1