IGNORED

What new homebrew should Dr Ports make next?

Rev

58 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Gorf would look like crap on the Intellivision. It would be no better than the Atari version in the day. Probably worse. 

I thought since it looks kind of similiar to Wizard of Wor which turned out fantastic,that it would port favorably over to the the Intellivision. 

Just my impression of course!

Wouldn't it be more fun if someone ports games that barely had any home versions before? It would seem to be one of the driving forces of Dr. Ports, with games such as Cosmic Avenger and Fantasy. Rather than GORF, you might be interested in Space Zap or Lazarian, without having analyzed how doable either game is (but surely the Intellivision should match the Bally Astrocade?).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Wouldn't it be more fun if someone ports games that barely had any home versions before? It would seem to be one of the driving forces of Dr. Ports, with games such as Cosmic Avenger and Fantasy. Rather than GORF, you might be interested in Space Zap or Lazarian, without having analyzed how doable either game is (but surely the Intellivision should match the Bally Astrocade?).

All ports are welcome to me that have not made it previously to the Intellivision. 

If they have been ported to other systems that doesnt help us  folks who are mainly looking for support for the Intellivision. 

In that regard Gorf and the games you mentioned are all great candidates!

Timber is a good example of a somewhat well known arcade game (or at least from a well known developer/publisher) that never saw any home versions (*) so it'd be "exclusive" to the Intellivision if someone tackled it. There may be reasons why this kind-of follow-up to Tapper never got any home versions though.

(*) Ok, the log rolling bonus round was implemented almost verbatim in World Games by Epyx.

Edited by carlsson

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Something a little less difficult than Miner2049er.  Only on level 6 (Can't possibly be because I suck).  Thank you for building save capability into it. 

Possible ports

Timber

Make Trax (maybe too similar to Steam Roller)

Berzerk

Mr. Do!  (probably not enough height for this)

Mappy

Keystone Kapers

Timber would be great.  That's a little known game that's a lot of fun to play. 

Mappy as well.  Great game.

Flicky

Looping

A legit Lunar Lander with vector style graohics

Reactor

Cloak and Dagger (can use keypad input stead of dual joysticks)

Rally - X

Stratovox

Lunar Rescue

Space Guerilla

Moon Cresta

APB

Targ

Spectar

Klax

I could do this all day....hahaha... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Something a little less difficult than Miner2049er.  Only on level 6 (Can't possibly be because I suck).  Thank you for building save capability into it. 

Make Trax (maybe too similar to Steam Roller)

Make Trax is a game I haven't thought about in many a moon.  I used to play it at the local 7-11 before going to class in middle school in '84-'85.  I don't think it has ever been ported to any system.

Sorry for the interruption but it is TBT.  Carry on.

There was an official home version of Make Trax for the Neo Geo Pocket Color (!) plus at least one unlicensed clone for the Famicom. But yes, another example of a game barely seen outside of the arcades. I understand that Zookeeper as mentioned above also belongs to this category, though there have been a few Atari related ports lately.

@IMBerzerk might want to look at the Cat Attack thread for an upcoming Rally-X type game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

There was an official home version of Make Trax for the Neo Geo Pocket Color (!) plus at least one unlicensed clone for the Famicom. But yes, another example of a game barely seen outside of the arcades. I understand that Zookeeper as mentioned above also belongs to this category, though there have been a few Atari related ports lately.

@IMBerzerk might want to look at the Cat Attack thread for an upcoming Rally-X type game.

Yes, I saw that... But still added Rally-X to my list anyway.   

Zookeeper is a fun game as well.  Pepper II, Amidar and Qix all come to mind as well