IGNORED

What new homebrew should Dr Ports make next?

Rev

I second "Zoo Keeper"!

"Berzerk" would be awesome too and I assume is quite doable on the Inty.

.. Just a couple off the top of my head. :)

Anything arcade related is kind of my preference, which seems to be Dr Ports specialty, though I know most here seem to prefer "thinking man's games" and that's cool too.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, carlsson said:

Wouldn't it be more fun if someone ports games that barely had any home versions before? It would seem to be one of the driving forces of Dr. Ports, with games such as Cosmic Avenger and Fantasy. Rather than GORF, you might be interested in Space Zap or Lazarian, without having analyzed how doable either game is (but surely the Intellivision should match the Bally Astrocade?).

There are some interesting arcade games that hardly got any console ports that I know of.  Super Pac-Man comes to mind.  I know Baby Pac-Man recently got an Atari 7800 indie release, but that's another one I miss playing.  There's also the Sega game Super Locomotive, which is similar to Suicide Express on the C=64.  I could rattle off a bunch of others.

• 1 year later...
On 5/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, First Spear said:

I think Tapper and Elevator Action would be, running about all the stuff that makes an Intellivision game fun:

1. Good replay value, yeah they are about the high score but would have longevity and. It be a curiosity and something for to sit on a collector shelf. 

2. For the Intellivision graphics capabilities without a lot of pain. I think we have seen from AF and Intellivania and Prince of Persia mini demos that “sleight of hand” can be done well with MOBs and BACKTAB to give multicolor sprites and animation. 

3. They are not overly taxing with sound, so having good background tunes going while reserving 1-2 voices for gameplay is possible. 

4. The controllers could be used without spraining anyone’s thumb (some of us our thumbs are getting old).

Please make it so! And if you need background music for something please send me a direct message I do have a little free time coming up if you need it. 

I was checking out Tapper for the VCS/2600 earlier, it is a pretty good version. If it can be done there, no doubt an Inty can do it. I think it would take some serious BACKTAB re/writing talent to do it, but for Dr Ports or Óscar  that would be no problem. :) 

image.thumb.png.ca9fab597e04153670b5692a45335682.png

Edited by First Spear
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, First Spear said:

I was checking out Tapper for the VCS/2600 earlier, it is a pretty good version. If it can be done there, no doubt an Inty can do it. I think it would take some serious BACKTAB re/writing talent to do it, but for Dr Ports or Óscar  that would be no problem. :) 

image.thumb.png.ca9fab597e04153670b5692a45335682.png

Tapper was being developed for the Intellivision by Intellivision Brasil. Not sure what happened with that. Perhaps development stopped.

I found an old picture of it from 2020:

tapper intellivision.jpg

• Like 5

One could make a version of Dark Cavern* for Intellivision!!

*I'm sure someone will point out that Night Stalker exists and Dark Cavern was (kind of like) a port of it to the 2600,  but from what I've played (Mostly on Evercade),  well Dark Cavern is a lot more fun.  Probably not the most popular opinion around here...🤔

On 8/19/2022 at 6:21 PM, IMBerzerk said:

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Return to Cloudy Mountain.

Use your imagination on the design, but a squeal is really needed... seeing TT and the Amico imploded WITH what we thought was going to be the squeal 40 years later.  😒

Here's my imagination for AD&D: Return to Cloudy Mountain's back-of-the-box description.

"Years later you returned to cloudy mountain, having long ago satisfied your blood lust and greed for golden treasure. Having slaughtered all of the monsters and other inhabitants of the area, it is now barren of even a single soul.  Using your ill gotten gains you have decided to build condos. However, the surviving families of the monsters you have killed long ago also have laid claim to the land and now proceed to sue you in court. Do you have the wherewithal to navigate the local court system to build your low-quality construction, overpriced homes?"

• Haha 10

On 8/19/2022 at 10:30 PM, atari5200dude82 said:

Finish Quest for the Intellivision intellivoice.

That should be an easy game:  just start your quest for an Intellivoice at the local flea market, then move on to the thrift shop, and finally beat the sniper boss on eBay.  😆

dZ.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Here's my imagination for AD&D: Return to Cloudy Mountain's back-of-the-box description.

"Years later you returned to cloudy mountain, having long ago satisfied your blood lust and greed for golden treasure. Having slaughtered all of the monsters and other inhabitants of the area, it is now barren of even a single soul.  Using your ill gotten gains you have decided to build condos. However, the surviving families of the monsters you have killed long ago also have laid claim to the land and now proceed to sue you in court. Do you have the wherewithal to navigate the local court system to build your low-quality construction, overpriced homes?"

That's sounds about right for today's world for sure. 

• Haha 1