IGNORED

Systems you don't have, but want the most?

Ze_ro

Vectrex, it's the one system I want the most of the old school stuff, but the one I won't pay the (over $100) for, for two reasons, one, I just can't bring myself to pay over $100 for something that isn't new, and two, I live in Shithole OK, so the only way to really get one is to have it mailed here, and while that's cool with carts (and if they have the case, a disc) it's NOT cool with huge ass (fragile) CRT's.

I have quiet a few games, and a few accessories for that day when I manage to find one either cheap, or IRL, but I probably won't ever.

I would say Astrocade, then Fairchild, then maybe Odyssey 2. I wanted a Colecovision for a while but I tried buying one twice and neither worked. Thankfully the seller took them back in both cases. I'm pretty satisfied with what I have right now, though any of these systems would be interesting to own.

If I get half the chance, I'll post some pics of my console collection, I've lended my camera to a mate for the moment, also I might half to dig though my attic for half of 'em, 'an all.

Do you at least have a list of what you own? I like to read what other folks have so that I can make sure my want lists are as complete as possible.

Virtual Boy

TurboGrafx-16

NeoGeo

Haha, wow, this thread is old... I've now had all three of these systems for at least a year, with the Virtual Boy being the last one I managed to get. It's funny how collecting is such a moving target though, as I can now add these:

LaserActive PAC-N10 - This is the TurboGrafx-16 module for the LaserActive. This really doesn't open any doors for me, as I already have a Duo... but it would save me some space, and I want to install a region switch to get almost the ultimate PC-Engine setup (I'd be able to play HuCards, TurboChips, CD-ROM2, Super CD, Arcade CD, and LD-ROM2... the only thing missing is SuperGrafx support, though I have one of those too, so...).

MSX & Spectrum - I'm a big fan of classic computing, but since I'm in North America, these two have been a bit of a problem. Getting anything requires shipping across an ocean, and I have very little room to set up another computer. Add to it that I already have plenty of other computers, so most of the games that I'd play on these are probably available for the C64, Apple II, Amiga, etc. I'll have to stick with emulation for now, but getting both of these is just a matter of time for me.

Famicom & FDS - I've been collecting a lot of NES stuff lately, and I know full well that there are a ton of great games that never made it out of Japan. Of course, I have an adaptor to play these games on a North American system, but it just doesn't seem right for some reason, so I know I'm going to get one of these eventually. Like with the MSX, it's partly a matter of shipping expense... but I've also been putting this off until I feel like I've exhausted the possibilities of the North American NES library... otherwise, I'm worried about overextending myself and getting burned out on the whole thing.

--Zero

Since I changed my signature, I'll just post what I want.

First and foremost, I need to repair my Colecovision and Intellivision. The Coleco just needs a new chip soldered in to fix the control issues, and the Intelly needs new controllers altogether. Both power on and run games, so there's that. My SEGA CD is also not working. Now, on to systems I don't own.

I am definitely getting an Atari 5200. That's number one on my list. I'm also planning on getting (in no particular order) Atari Jaguar CD, N-Gage QD, Magnavox Odyssey2, Turbo CD, DSi, Xbox 360, Neo Geo MVS, Neo Geo CD, Bandai SwanCrystal, and Playstation 3.

I really want a 5200 to see what people think suck about it, and hope it comes with 3rd party controllers that dont break :D

Actually, the first party controller is what sucks so bad about it, with a third party (or rebuild) the system is actually pretty awesome.

@98PaceCar

Where do I start?, 3DO, Action Max, Amstrad GX4000, Amiga CDTV, Amiga CD32, APF Imagination Machine, Apple Pippen, Atari Pong, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari XEGS, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, Jaguar CD, Atari 8 bit, Atari ST, Falcon, on to B anyone?

Please do continue and post pics!

Edited by 98PaceCar

I would say Astrocade, then Fairchild, then maybe Odyssey 2. I wanted a Colecovision for a while but I tried buying one twice and neither worked. Thankfully the seller took them back in both cases. I'm pretty satisfied with what I have right now, though any of these systems would be interesting to own.

I just picked up a boxed one last week for $10 with 5 boxed games. Not sure what I'm going to do with it but Freedom Fighters is a pretty fun game - like Defender and Asteroids combined.