IGNORED

Any good sites for jag reproduction carts?

Tommywilley84

Just now, Rick Dangerous said:

Waffle Stomped Poop in a clear cart?  So is this the start of a pre-order list or??

I thought it was a subtle crack, "UWOL The Quest for More Money," which of course, I bought and love playing.

But again, maybe "Waffle Stomp" could be a new game. It could be sort of like a Mario Bros type game, but you're stomping on waffles, and then he could take the PCB, spray paint it brown, and sell it in a clear cart.

Just sayin'...

6 hours ago, JagChris said:

This reminds me we haven't gotten a good 82-T three sheets to the wind post on a while

I've just been too busy... I need a long weekend, no stress, and no chores or projects to work on, and you'll have one!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 6:55 PM, Sauron said:

Save your money up and spring for a Jag GD. That way you'll be able to hold the entire library of Jag games on one cart, all for the price of a handful of repros you'd get from some shady seller.

Isn’t there like a 5 year waiting list?  

On 5/27/2020 at 11:42 AM, EmOneGarand said:

The guy just asset swaps basically. You've played one, you've played them all. 

Yeah you're full of fucking shit and have no clue what you're talking about. Good job parroting angry Youtubers words.

EDIT--- Because This:

Is totally the same game as THIS:

Just a simple asset swap.

Please dont be a dipshit

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

What I would like to know is how did a thread about good sites for reproduction Jag games turn into a shit on Jeff and WAVE 1 GAMES affair? What because the OP said he bought some of my games? Are you really that fucking jealous that he bought a game from me? You people need to grow the fuck up and stop acting like a bunch of little bitches taking every opportunity you can to take a cheap shot at someone. I haven't been bothering anyone here on AA lately but it looks like y'all want me to be fucking triggered! Here's an idea for all of the naysayers talking that shit. How about you get off your lazy ass and produce something for the Jag? You probably wouldn't know where to fucking begin, let alone ever release anything. Dipshits.

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Welshworrier said:

Got to ask, is aircars a new licensed release?

Thought that was a B and C games and beta phase games property and so not just free for people to put on cart.

http://wave1games.net/k-a-aircars

Obviously I got permission for K-A, Just like I got permission for TRF. My nose is clean.

I'm staying off of here for a while. Some folks here bring out the worst in me! Here I was just scrolling along all happy go lucky reading Jaguar threads and I have to find all of that nonsense. WAVE 1 this and WAVE 1 that, give me a break. I have been chill, if people don't want to buy my games that's fine, I don't want to sell my games to those individuals. But at least do a little research before spouting off at the mouth parroting what others say. That's exactly why people think the Jag controller sucks now because people parroting BS over and over again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

Got to ask, is aircars a new licensed release?

Thought that was a B and C games and beta phase games property and so not just free for people to put on cart.

http://wave1games.net/k-a-aircars

B&C doesn't produce it anymore. I does say "distributed by Wave1". Didn't realize, I'll be picking that up.

But I gotta agree about the cheap-shots, of which the above quoted gotcha attempt was another. Trust me, tasteless crap flinging seems to circulate around here on near constant basis and it can get pretty lame. How you gonna publicly bash someone who takes the time to create content for the Jag? I've got nothing but respect for anyone who's living the dream - so long as they're respectful as well, or at the very least tactful. Stuff lacking in these parts to an embarrassing freakin' degree sometimes. However in this instance, I don't blame you for going off of them Jeff. Much deserved. Some individuals live to be perpetually 15 years of age and getting their jollies trying to give others the proverbial smack-down on an Internet forum. ?

• Like 2

I definitely agree that the attacks got way out of hand. I've never played a Wave 1 Game, but my assumption is they aren't the greatest games on the Jag. Who cares though? If you don't like the games, don't buy them.

I have nothing but respect for someone who can put out content on a classic console. Not sure why everyone has to be so negative and tear people down 24/7.

1 hour ago, bmadgames said:

I definitely agree that the attacks got way out of hand. I've never played a Wave 1 Game, but my assumption is they aren't the greatest games on the Jag. Who cares though? If you don't like the games, don't buy them.

I have nothing but respect for someone who can put out content on a classic console. Not sure why everyone has to be so negative and tear people down 24/7.

It's not a matter of trying to tear someone down. It's a matter of people calling out someone for trying to exploit the Jag community by selling sub-standard games for $80 a pop. And keep in mind, this is coming from someone who has been far more tolerant of Jeff's antics here than many others. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's not a matter of trying to tear someone down. It's a matter of people calling out someone for trying to exploit the Jag community by selling sub-standard games for $80 a pop. And keep in mind, this is coming from someone who has been far more tolerant of Jeff's antics here than many others. 

None of my games are $80. Haven't been for a long time. And there is a difference between trying to call somebody out on some "antics" and people just sitting around clowning somebody and their work and parroting what others say. No antics here. You yourself even said Saucer Wars wasn't that bad so I don't know what you mean by "antics"

Considering the work and materials that goes into my games I think every one of my games is priced fairly on my site and my eBay and if anyone diaagrees with that then they don't have to purchase them and I don't have to waste the time and energy making it for them. Makes no difference to me.

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

4 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Obviously I got permission for K-A, Just like I got permission for TRF. My nose is clean.

...at least do a little research before spouting off at the mouth parroting what others say. That's exactly why people think the Jag controller sucks now because people parroting BS over and over again.

I wasn't even tracking you selling K-A Aircars until stumbling across this thread.  I never bought the ICD version and didn't get to buy it from BetaPhase, so I'm glad I got to order it just now.  Thea Realm Fighters is tempting, but being 2-player only kinda wards me off.  I haven't been able to wrangle up a 2nd player for anything in a long long time.

1 hour ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Considering the work and materials that goes into my games I think every one of my games is priced fairly on my site and my eBay and if anyone diaagrees with that then they don't have to purchase them and I don't have to waste the time and energy making it for them. Makes no difference to me.

I like Jag Zombies and Saucer Wars.  The reload method on Jag Zombies drives me a little crazy, but the game has a lot of charm and I enjoy a playthrough now and then.  I like that it doesn't take hours to beat and isn't overwhelmingly difficult.

Saucer Wars is insanely difficult for me, but I still like it.  I might prefer Jag Zombies a little more, just because of the difficulty being easier to deal with, but I don't really have complaints about either one.  I'll play Jag Zombies if I'm in the mood for a quick shooter where I'll probably be able to finish it in a single sitting, and I'll play Saucer Wars if I want to spend more time playing a shooter and don't mind getting my butt kicked.  Jeff was pretty classy to buy from too.  No complaints there either.  It would be nice to meet in person at a PRGE or something one of these days.

Edit: Just read through the rest of the thread and saw this:

On 5/24/2020 at 6:37 PM, 82-T/A said:

I'm actually concerned that if you waffle-stomped a poop into a clear-cart, I'd probably still buy it if it was packaged well.

I'm afraid I resemble that remark.

I've been turned on to some 2600 carts simply because of the artwork on the packaging.

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

None of my games are $80. Haven't been for a long time. And there is a difference between trying to call somebody out on some "antics" and people just sitting around clowning somebody and their work and parroting what others say. No antics here. You yourself even said Saucer Wars wasn't that bad so I don't know what you mean by "antics"

It wasn't that long ago that you reduced the prices, but even then most of them cost more than many of us are willing to pay for rush jobs. And yes, Saucer Wars "wasn't that bad", but that's not saying much when compared to your other work. Of course, no one would have anything bad to say if you were releasing games for free, but for the prices they've been going for, it's hard to not feel like you're just trying to squeeze every penny that you can from the Jag community.

Doger - A free game, not written by Jeff, given away as an rB+ example

image.png.2baefd3101aca07689e496d5e2a4b98a.png

Frogz64 - A broken, reskinned version of the above game, yes adding new features, but breaking everything else along the way.

image.png.fe6bf3fc854db8084e16f9146a99a192.png

Frogz Xmas - the same broken mess, with the assets swapped out
image.thumb.png.bba149fbcfffebbb88995c52a86ca90b.png

A sub 'game' in Frogz where you scroll sideways eating random stuff that you sometimes even have to hit to collect.

image.thumb.png.11694144140bf86db458ff7c20672606.png

Fast Food 64 - A game where you.. scroll sideways sometimes ever hitting the things you collect (Yes, its a reskinned sub game from above, with all the same bugs)

image.png.4771643956afce535d5b930286d88b0a.png

Which had a side game where things scaled towards you and you moved a cursor (We'll get to this)

image.thumb.png.e90b8c24a51765b3c0bf3e38bb20fa87.png

Fast Food 64 Holiday Snacks - The exact same game as above, with swapped out assets
image.thumb.png.216cafe7aed9f8e32c6c8af3270a3aab.png

Jagzombies - A game where you move a cursor shotting things scaling towards you (featuring all the same bugs as the above sub game from Fast Food, but also introducing many more)

image.png.3e976eb8ef3701f3c3ef911eceedf8a8.png

And, finally, Saucer Wars - A game where you move a cursor shooting things coming towards you (featuring all the same bugs as the above sub game from Fast Food)

image.png.ec8eca5473208a2a5a4aea7fa031d637.png

You do release broken games.

You do re-skin your broken games - you just skipped a few steps in your rebuttal above, obfuscating the obvious copy'n'paste reskin jobs along the way.

You do go out of your way to insult and attack the people who make the toolsets you abuse to release this stuff.

You have ignored help and advise from people.

The people who are calling your games sloppy and terrible are your paying customers and they've played them.

The irony of you also finding two unfinished and broken games (Air Cars and TRF) is not lost.

Good day.

• Like 3

Personally I think the games from wave1 look pretty fun. I can't wait to get ahold of fast food 64 or Jag Zombies. My wife is suggesting to buy Ants simply because it appears amusing as hell. I'm starting to think wave1 gets a bad rap on here simply because it's the "in crowd" thing to do within the Jag community. Lucky for me though I've never followed the crowd and am more than content with being one of the outcasts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Doger - A free game, not written by Jeff, given away as an rB+ example

image.png.2baefd3101aca07689e496d5e2a4b98a.png

Frogz64 - A broken, reskinned version of the above game, yes adding new features, but breaking everything else along the way.

image.png.fe6bf3fc854db8084e16f9146a99a192.png

Frogz Xmas - the same broken mess, with the assets swapped out
image.thumb.png.bba149fbcfffebbb88995c52a86ca90b.png

A sub 'game' in Frogz where you scroll sideways eating random stuff that you sometimes even have to hit to collect.

image.thumb.png.11694144140bf86db458ff7c20672606.png

Fast Food 64 - A game where you.. scroll sideways sometimes ever hitting the things you collect (Yes, its a reskinned sub game from above, with all the same bugs)

image.png.4771643956afce535d5b930286d88b0a.png

Which had a side game where things scaled towards you and you moved a cursor (We'll get to this)

image.thumb.png.e90b8c24a51765b3c0bf3e38bb20fa87.png

Fast Food 64 Holiday Snacks - The exact same game as above, with swapped out assets
image.thumb.png.216cafe7aed9f8e32c6c8af3270a3aab.png

Jagzombies - A game where you move a cursor shotting things scaling towards you (featuring all the same bugs as the above sub game from Fast Food, but also introducing many more)

image.png.3e976eb8ef3701f3c3ef911eceedf8a8.png

And, finally, Saucer Wars - A game where you move a cursor shooting things coming towards you (featuring all the same bugs as the above sub game from Fast Food)

image.png.ec8eca5473208a2a5a4aea7fa031d637.png

You do release broken games.

You do re-skin your broken games - you just skipped a few steps in your rebuttal above, obfuscating the obvious copy'n'paste reskin jobs along the way.

You do go out of your way to insult and attack the people who make the toolsets you abuse to release this stuff.

You have ignored help and advise from people.

The people who are calling your games sloppy and terrible are your paying customers and they've played them.

The irony of you also finding two unfinished and broken games (Air Cars and TRF) is not lost.

Good day.

Fast Food 64 was released first. So how could it be an asset swap of the subgame from Frogz? It's funny you mention my paying customers as Kevin Moseley above commented on Saucer Wars and praised the game. You're also wrong on just about everything else you said. I did not simply copy and paste assets from Fast Food to Saucer Wars and I think you know that. Saucer Wars was made from scratch, and I believe you know that but its much easier for you to just parrot what somebody else says and to those who wouldn't know and aren't experienced in making anything for Jag they are much more inclined to believe you because they do look similar. You couldn't be more specific as to "all of the same bugs as the subgame from fast food 64" when talking about Saucer Wars. Because its a false claim. Elaborate on Saucer Wars Laarence, please tell the good people all of the "game breaking bugs" from YOUR experience playing Saucer Wars. Oh you can't because you haven't played it at all. Holiday Snacks is also not an asset swap of Fast Food 64. It was written from scratch and doesn't even work the same way. This can be proven I could send you the .bas for both games to fact check your ass but it really wouldn't matter because Holiday Snacks is a SEQUEL to FF64 anyway and of course they are going to look and play similar to the player. And of course you are going to overlook the fact that it's a sequel and claim "oh its just an asset swap" it is to be expected of you. What happened to ANTS? You forgot to shit all over ANTS to make yourself feel good for the day. You're slipping man.

Bottom line is this, I have talked shit about you and to you before because you're an ass just like the above quoted text displays, and in a lot of those imstances I was in the wrong, (I apologize Lawrence) but not all of them and right now I haven't mentioned you or so much as said one word about you and here you are being you. As for not listening to people trying to help that is old hat. I had several people help me with my last release and I listened to ALL of them. This is well documented in the threads pertaining to SW but I know its easier to just repeat the same thing over and over rather than acknowledging that I have improved. It's much easier to clown somebody and much more fun for you so why change your behavior? This thread wasn't about me or my games. I took issue with that and what did you do Lawrence? You made a wall of text making this thread about my games. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. Comments like the one I just quoted from you really show more about YOUR character than mine. That comment shows who is the one "going out of their way" to trash people as you say. At the end of the day all I care about is my customers and the people who support me. I take care of them and try to do my best by them. None of this noise or garbage is relevant to me or WAVE 1 GAMES.

Good day

Screenshot_2020-06-03-14-07-52.png

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

It wasn't that long ago that you reduced the prices, but even then most of them cost more than many of us are willing to pay for rush jobs. And yes, Saucer Wars "wasn't that bad", but that's not saying much when compared to your other work. Of course, no one would have anything bad to say if you were releasing games for free, but for the prices they've been going for, it's hard to not feel like you're just trying to squeeze every penny that you can from the Jag community.

The only game that was $80 was Saucer Wars and that was 1 year ago. My CD games are 19.99 and some of my cart games are $45 the highest being $60. I'm not taking advantage of anything. I have parts I have supplies and I have to make every game by hand. My prices reflect my work and I shouldn't have to explain that to you but I guess I do. Taking advantage of the community is somebody selling a copy of Rayman for $140. All of my games are priced fairly and all you have to do is look at my website (that is maintained and paid for by magical fairies) and you can verify that. Like I said if folks think my games are too expensive they don't have to buy them in physical form thats just less work for me.

As for me giving my games away for free a lot of my Jag games ARE available for free on gamejolt.com in ROM format. I also posted several W.I.P. public builds of Saucer Wars for people to try who can't afford the high end $55 price tag for the final version of the game.

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES