IGNORED

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre authentication

Tragerone17

Hey guys I’m new to the forum so no witch hunts just yet please,? anyway I recently got my hands on a copy of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the Atari 2600 and I would really appreciate it if any  of you guys can help me o and let me know if you guys need more pictures/ info thanks a lot guys I really do appreciate it. ?871C2968-0034-42EE-A9A9-6A72D3A98839.thumb.jpeg.3b35f2c3f2fb8657c1618b7d47931cf0.jpeg 

79C8E0CE-1479-48AE-B42D-62DFA8155C74.jpeg

CCE5B72A-5D03-48CD-8EEE-89AA4E4EA6F6.jpeg

D4FE2D27-1E8C-44E6-A6F3-511F922336AD.jpeg

3782C90C-2D64-488B-93B8-6078C6345410.jpeg

F3BBA3AC-8AE1-4D48-8AFD-EE2A2794B1E1.jpeg

8C0B4B37-61EA-454B-8E33-E17995A67E15.jpeg

6B2375D6-03B3-4506-9B81-4221666CEF1F.jpeg

• Like 1

The shell and pcb look legit. I can’t speak much for the label as I only own one of no front label and handwritten end label variations.

Congrats.

EDIT-

Sorry. I am thinking of my Halloween cart. My TCM has a traditional label. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jettgogaming said:

Looks legit to me. I own two authentic copies and it looks identical to mine. 

Like I said mine has a 2 player mode and the original wasn’t like that so I think wizard games screwed up or it’s a prototype from 82-83 because they had a whole year to go from anouncement to making it just a guess?

Ok I will post a video on YouTube sorry about my camera work in advance it’s hard to record on a phone and ps one of my Atari joysticks is acting up has be for a while the video will be on my channel @Tragerone17 just look for the nerd with the weird smile and black gloves giving a thumbs up.

Edited by Tragerone17

1 hour ago, Tragerone17 said:

Ok I will post a video on YouTube sorry about my camera work in advance it’s hard to record on a phone and ps one of my Atari joysticks is acting up has be for a while the video will be on my channel @Tragerone17 just look for the nerd with the weird smile and black gloves giving a thumbs up.

Edited by Tragerone17
This is the video at the end I’m sorry everywhere I try to post it it won’t let me I’m 4 baring for gosh sake

I think you have the regular plain old released version of the game. I have a manual and yes it states nothing about a 2 player version or that the game select switch does anything. 

I just tested my cart. It does the same thing as yours.

The BIN in RomHunter's ROM Pack also does the same thing. You can select game variation 2 and play it. The colors seem to be the same as what I am seeing the best that I can on your video. Maybe someone else will chime in with more information. 

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say I don't think you have anything special. It's the standard release version. 

On 5/25/2020 at 4:44 AM, Tragerone17 said:

by second version I mean The one where one player plays as Leatherface and the other the victim you know the one that looks all colorful?

That version is a prototype and had a different cart and box:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-texas-chainsaw-massacre-_20318.html

8)

• Like 2