IGNORED

Another Gotek/hxc question

I've tried to read most of the posts on the Gotek, but still can't find what I need. Will the Gotek run non-.st files? How do I do it? I've tried renaming the extension, but it doesn't work. Specifically, I want to run a uip tos file for the netusbee. My floppy broke, but the Gotek works ok with some games. I have a bare 520St, 512k ram, tos 1.4.

Thanks in advance.

Gotek, HxC can work only with floppy disk images. TOS , PRG files, and files generally must be written into image.

You need for start empty image file. ST format is good - will work with everything. To write files into floppy images may use some Atari emulator like Steem or Hatari. Or this:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/floimgd.php

That's for Windows, and works without floppy drive too (then no need to DL fdrawcmd. You open image file, then use File Transfer to add files into image. At bottom of page is DL of empty ST image files. most used formats.

Since about a year HxC firmware can "mount" actual files directly without the need to copy the files in an ST disk image file. Read the firmware documentation, look for the USB Stick folder to FAT/DOS virtual floppy section. Still sometimes it might be better to use a disk image. The virtual folder is very useful if you are frequently changing or updating some of the files inside the image.

Edited by ijor