IGNORED

Video output of non-RF ST

I have three 1040 ST motherboards but only one of them has an RF modulator.  The board I want to use (accepts blitter, fully populated, real-time clock, etc.) does not have an RF modulator.  I don't own an Atari ST monitor and the only real thing I want to do with it is play games.

I've built my own S-Video adapter for the Amiga a while back and I'd like to do something similar with the ST.  VGA would be ideal...then S-Video and finally composite if need be.

But my research has left me head scratching as there seems to be countless variations of what works and doesn't.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have one of those GBS-8220's but it was garbage when I used it for my Amiga.  I assume it's just garbage all around.

I even have some AD725's that I could possibly use if there was a circuit out there somewhere I could build.

Thanks for any suggestions.

For non-rf modulator equipped STs I currently use an RGB vga cable from cool-novelties and an OSSC.  For rf modulator equipped STs I use a scart cable from cool-novelties and the OSSC.

Many people use a cheap scart->hdmi upscaler from amazon with good result, but I'm pretty sure it only works for rf modulator equipped STs.

This thread has some great information that might help you.  I'm adding a pic of the same mod done on an ST without the composite sync circuitry on the motherboard as well.  I think that if you do this mod you'd be able to use one of the cheap scart->hdmi upscalers.

Connecting an ST to a modern display can be difficult and frustrating.  GL!

99427769_3079914178736275_4628881529882279936_n.jpg