IGNORED

Fall 1986 CMO Atari Brochure 16 pages

Just like the title says. 

http://www.rasterline.com/cmo.pdf

I found this under a stack of printouts when I was cleaning out some junk. I'm sure someone else has probably already scanned this but no idea how to find it so here it is again.  

We should have a section for historical media. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Why would you have bought a 65XE for 89.99 if there were 800XLs for 79.99? Love the "speaking" item inventory numbers, clearly intended for people to be read, not just 10-digit-codes for machines. Some very nice prices on boxed and loose Atari carts, and that 1020 printer isn't too steep either!

Oh, those Compute! and Antic ads! Wondrous stuff never seen on European shores (even less in a landlocked country ;) ). A couple of times I could convince my dad to pay for an order from the US with his credit card, typed it up and mailed it away, then waited weeks for stuff to arrive. My dad assured me there wouldn't be any import duties, just a kind of "instead of VAT" tax, as all computer stuff was exempted from import duties, even games that were considered "software". Never dared to order a floppy drive, though, as there was no way to find out whether it used a built-in transformer. Neither any stuff with $CALL$ pricing, for which at about 3 bucks a minute it would have been quite expensive to find out the actual price.

I remember getting MAE, Monkey Wrench II and an APE Face as well as Action!, MAC/65, DOS XL and a couple of games that way.

In the later ST era I bought some stuff from the UK (Silica?), overall it's amazing how easy "distance shopping" has become now. 

• Like 2

Sweet little PDF there, thanks..

Always gives a little heart tug of the good old days when all that stuff was brand new and so shiny shiny to us. Like when I got my first proper multi component hi fi setup back in the day, the  smell of the packaging, the look if the black rectangles with led bars etc all in a lovely stand.

Pucker as we say in some parts of the uk...Great memories...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slx said:

In the later ST era I bought some stuff from the UK (Silica?), overall it's amazing how easy "distance shopping" has become now. 

Yes it has but I miss the being there to choose, in the trade we have what we call 'top up' sales ie "do you need a plug with that sir?" but when you went in to Silica to get something and saw all the lovely gear with all the noises and sights of games etc they didn't need to try the top up sale with you, you were already doing it yourself in most cases and walking out with more than you planned :)

That you don't get from online and I miss it so...I love the convenience of online but its so sanitised... 

Edit: However I do not miss the hassle of getting to the shop to pick up the gear that we have now, too many cars (normally), a fortune to park and the mindless folk on phones to dodge..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Yes it has but I miss the being there to choose, in the trade we have what we call 'top up' sales ie "do you need a plug with that sir?" but when you went in to Silica to get something and saw all the lovely gear with all the noises and sights of games etc they didn't need to try the top up sale with you, you were already doing it yourself in most cases and walking out with more than you planned [emoji4]

Amazon certainly tries to top up by promoting stuff other people bought but it‘s not the same as a good salesman (as in the well-known fishing weekend sales joke). Unfortunately we never had Atari stores here that would lead to such impulse buys. The closest I came was a Lynx II on clearance when shopping for some appliance.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Just now, slx said:

Unfortunately we never had Atari stores here that would lead to such impulse buys. The closest I came was a Lynx II on clearance when shopping for some appliance.

That's a shame, the Silica experience was just a joy, my lot Maplin took a more sanitised way with the Atari promotion, twas annoying because we were an Atari dealer yet the bosses wanted to be seen as an electronic component dealer more. I used to drive down to Silica and I always came back with more than I planned to, they were always first with the US stuff whereas my lot where I could get staff discount on took forever to get gear in bar the actual Atari Hardware. So amazingly if I wanted something badly I had to go to another dealer and pay full price..

• Like 2