- More screens.

- New Mid boss.

- Cosmetic changes.

- Left Difficulty A turns music off.

(warning: could content bugs :p)

knightguy_CastleDays_20210121.bin<-- CURRENT VERSION

ROM UPDATE:

No more content yet, but changes in the engine:

- Smooth Jump and other little changes under the hood.

- Re design first screen.

- New Title Screen.

knightguy_CastleDays_20210117.bin 32 kB · 94 downloads

1357366750_Capturadepantalla_2021-01-17_13-15-16.thumb.png.6cfd56ada0f93b9010e53392335a13f3.png

art1.thumb.png.aabc75cfa765e3c89402dc400bf59474.png

Hi guys.

Knight guy in low res world  was originally my first attempt to program a platformer for the 2600 (and my second attempt to program a game after the primitive Drakko) back when I started to learn batari back in 2018. Now after I remade the "engine" I decided to re write it from scratch, but now with some humble metroidvania touch.

I have completed the first public beta and I am sharing it here. Testing and feedback will be appreciated :)

knightguy_CastleDays_20200524.bin 32 kB · 257 downloads

NEW BETA 2020-05-31

Third boss added.

New Item (bubble).

Also I THINK I catch and all those pesky overcycles.

knightguy_CastleDays_20200531.bin 32 kB · 204 downloads

knightguy2.bas_6.thumb.png.6b09f7a76238ac8c78754e4a893c535f.pngknightguy2.bas_5.thumb.png.8ad50168fe5bd864280757ce6405f3c9.pngknightguy2.bas_10.thumb.png.1390f52b2ad320a26a16b1116f868201.png

Also I have some merchandising available in my teepublic store in case you are interested in support this development :)

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/3277219-knight-guy-in-low-res-world?store_id=35943

2144443472_Capturadepantalla_2020-05-24_00-02-24.thumb.png.39931526cdfcdef82a7c3f1e3b265bbd.png

Also here is the link to the original Knight Guy thread:

art1.png

which of the four roms is the most current and best finished one?

7 hours ago, Bencowboy said:

which of the four roms is the most current and best finished one?

This one:

On 5/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, vhzc said:

ROM UPDATE:

- More screens.

- New Mid boss.

- Cosmetic changes.

- Left Difficulty A turns music off.

(warning: could content bugs :p)

knightguy_CastleDays_20210121.bin<-- CURRENT VERSION

• 2 weeks later...

Yeap, you got the water screen issue I pointed out fixed. My only current criticism and I know you are still working on this, is that the 2nd and 3rd boss encounters are soo close together compared to how many screens you go through for the first boss and second boss. I've also been searching, but I'm assuming there isn't anything hidden in this as yet either?

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing KNIGHT GUY IN LOW RES WORLD: CASTLE DAYS as part of 2021 Harmony Game Round 1 on today's (Tue Mar 9, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

• 1 year later...

Another very fun game to play!  I'm basically working my way through your library so apologies again for the late post.  I love the addition of the ball as a sword so you can attack enemies after finding it. 

If you don't mind me asking, did you use a custom kernel for this and Ninja for the 2600?  Or a standard one with the m0 turned off to skip the blank playfield lines?  In this Stella screenshot below, are the bars rising up to meet the P1 sprite the respective M1 missile?  Apologies but I've got mild color blindness and it's hard for me to see if the colors are supposed to match the m0 or m1 colors below.  I see that it's tripled under nusiz but wanted to make sure.   Regardless, another fun game and thanks!

knight.jpg

Edited by LatchKeyKid

16 minutes ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Another very fun game to play!  I'm basically working my way through your library so apologies again for the late post.  I love the addition of the ball as a sword so you can attack enemies after finding it. 

If you don't mind me asking, did you use a custom kernel for this and Ninja for the 2600?  Or a standard one with the m0 turned off to skip the blank playfield lines?  In this Stella screenshot below, are the bars rising up to meet the P1 sprite the respective M1 missile?  Apologies but I've got mild color blindness and it's hard for me to see if the colors are supposed to match the m0 or m1 colors below.  I see that it's tripled under nusiz but wanted to make sure.   Regardless, another fun game and thanks!

knight.jpg

Hi.

I have used only standard bBasic kernel in all my games for the 2600 to date. And yeah, I turned off M0 to avoid blank lines.

• Like 2

When the last batch of AtariAge games got released and I saw this for the 7800, I was wondering if my memory was playing tricks on me as I was sure I had seen it for the 2600.  Fast forward to today and ta-da, I stumble across it again.  I knew I had seen a 2600 version!  Will this version get a physical release?

• 1 year later...
On 9/13/2023 at 4:58 PM, sramirez2008 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I hope all is well.

Unfortunately not. I got this 2nd hand information posted by Albert in Discord:

Vladimir told me he had a flood at his place last week, but only noticed the damage to his retro gaming area a few days ago. He lost source code to many of his games, including the two games in development where he posted "PROJECT CANCELLED". He's going to take a hiatus, as that's a big loss for him (understandably). He did give me permission to post this.

:sad: 

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Unfortunately not. I got this 2nd hand information posted by Albert in Discord:

:sad: 

So sad to hear this. First things, first...hopefully it doesn't take too long to get his place back to normal. Losing source code is a bummer. 

• Like 2

Just now, LatchKeyKid said:

Stupid n00b question... by source code, in this case since he uses bB standard kernel, does that mean the Batari Basic files before compiling?

Probably.  Regardless of language, loss of source code is definitely a bummer.

Regardless, hopefully the flood didn't cause too many other hardships for @vhzc and that his family is doing okay.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...