IGNORED

AN/PSM-6 & Fluke 27s; Military Multimeters

gilsaluki

I was thinking back to the early 80s when Atari 8s were hot stuff.  That is when I got my first XL.   Anyway, I carted that thing all around the planet being in the military.  I remember Antic Magazine highlighting an Air Force Staff Sergeant, administrative type, that used his Atari to help the office with awards & decorations, appraisals, and so forth.  I remember a Lt Colonel (USAF) that wrote a lot in magazines.  It just got me to thinking how prolific (or not) was Atari at marketing to the military through sales at the PX or BX (NEX for Navy).  I cannot recall my BX's EVER carrying any Atari hard or software.  They may have, but I might have overlooked it.   I know the military is a relatively small market share, but they are a loyal one.

Whoa, trigger happy.  Anyway, my Air Force time got me to thinking about the multimeters I used back in the day.  PSM-6 Analog (a tank), then on to the 'new' technology, Digital with the Fluke 27/fm.  Both great meters which I own to this day.  Anyone else out there that used these meters?

I worked in a Test Area in the RAF in the mid to late 80's, some of our work was to test new equipment, one such item was a Fluke 8025A, when

we finished the appraisal, it was raffled between us and I won it, still using it today.