IGNORED

Atarimax Maxflash for dumping ECPC carts

ianoid

Hi folks,

I just decided to dump some weird carts. I got through a bunch, but I can't get an image out of a single Romox ECPC cart. Is there anything special I should know to successfully dump these babies?

I did dump a couple of retail Romox carts and was able to test the images on Altierra, which is how I'm testing all the images. 

I also had trouble dumping some weird utility carts, or at least I made dumps that I couldn't verify at like Magic Dump (version 1.0, a right cartridge), Super Cart Ace 80XL and SpectraView II. If those are all successfully archived in some way, I won't bother with them more.

• Like 1

I lieu of someone knowing definitively showing up in short order...

If it does, you would find it in the maxflash cartridge studio software under the dump menu, you can download it for free on the Atarimax website.... if that doesn't do it, unless someone speaks up, email classics at atarimax (steve) or give him a call...

https://atarimax.com/flashcart/documentation/downloads/Maxflash_Studio_Installer.exe

https://atarimax.com/flashcart/documentation/chapter3.html

the best way to know is to download the studio and

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I lieu of someone knowing definitively showing up in short order...

Thanks for the response. I'll email him.

I did successfully dump several 8-bit carts and some other formats using the Maxflash, which was pretty easy, aside from not knowing the size of the carts and experimenting to get images that worked in Altierra. 

So long as you only read from the cartridge... try standard 8k and standard 16k cartridge type to read them...

I remember vaguely ls8 ls16....

these carts were basically eproms and flashed according to whatever title they were assuming the identity of.

Edited by _The Doctor__