IGNORED

need help on find this chip

Sean39

To everyone

I need to find a replacement chip and tried ebay and anywhere I could look.

I need a SN74LS362 chip used for the clock on the CPU.

same chip function. The heat sink compound dried up on my computer for that chip and bye bye chip went.

Till I get a clock chip the computer will not work.

Please help

Thanks

Edited by Sean39

Note that this chip is also called the TIM9904. There are significnt differences between the TIM9904 and the TIM9904A (which would be the 74LS362 and the 74LS362A using that numbering scheme). Make sure the chips you get are the right variant, or they may not work in your console. There are consoles with each variant, so the right one will be specific to yours. Here is a link to the TIM9904s out there at the moment, but all of them appear to be the "A" variant.

The 74LS362 linkd to by @videofx also appears to be an original chip, not a modern fake.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 3

Hi Ksarul

Thanks for that information

I have found a working TIM9904ANL and it did not work in the computer.

The chip in my computer is a SN74362N /TIM9904NL  I am guessing the difference are enough

that the TIM9904ANL chip will not work in my computer and it did not work. I just figured my computer went

bad. I am just needing the correct chip to bring it back to life then.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Sean39 said:

Hi Ksarul

Thanks for that information

I have found a working TIM9904ANL and it did not work in the computer.

The chip in my computer is a SN74362N /TIM9904NL  I am guessing the difference are enough

that the TIM9904ANL chip will not work in my computer and it did not work. I just figured my computer went

bad. I am just needing the correct chip to bring it back to life then.

Thanks

The "A" after TIM9904 is the all-important bit of the part number. All of the letters after that are package identifiers that don't make any difference here. The "A" shows that the chip is revised in some way (and as noted, an "A" variant chip will NOT work in a console that uses the original chip revision here. Note also that this advice is applicable with two chips in 99/4 consoles: the TIM9904/TIM9904A and the TMS9918/TMS9918A (the 9918 is used on a 99/4 and the 9918A is used on the /4A). In most other instances, the revisions don't have an effect on the way our machine operates.

• Like 1

I've just been given a couple of these fresh from China ...

https://wing-auctions.c.yimg.jp/sim?furl=auctions.c.yimg.jp/images.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/image/dr000/auc0408/users/75ec467a6c69c537d21c5ca5cc4f3c58fc629ca3/i-img675x1200-1535174749aocegm754061.jpg&dc=1&sr.fs=20000

... and they seem to work fine as replacements for the TIM9904/74LS362 with the 48 MHz crystal. For a couple of minutes at least.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...