IGNORED

Someone selling off their vintage electronics collection on eBay

Tavi

As the title says, I found a new listing that looks like someone is selling off their complete vintage electronics collection. Mostly handhelds, tabletops and consoles, with a few game cartridge lots thrown in. There is Atari, an Odyssey 1, a Tandyvision and an Intellivision, plus a few interesting things like an Atari keyboard controller with Basic Programming and a Yars' Revenge patch. A gorgeous collection, everything looks boxed, complete and mint. I expect most will go for far out of my price range, but it is still fun to look!

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/speedyshipper/m.html?item=114235123661&hash=item1a98f1a7cd%3Ag%3A2J4AAOSwLllek76t&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

ADDENDUM: It looks legitimate as well. They have a 18,758 feedback rating, and a top rated seller.

Edited by Tavi

Oh, really? I am surprised. I would have thought this was someone selling off their collection; you would think it would be quite difficult to find that much vintage electronics to be able to make repeated listing for it. Must be well connected then!

But reading though his feedback, you seem to be correct as there is a lot of similar types of sales in his history.

Ah well, still fun to look at his latest batch then!

Yes, there's usually a pattern to his listings, though the seller seems to have skipped one or two cycles in the usual routine.

There has been repetition / re-listings of certain items that might raise eyebrows (went high with a questionable bid history, then reappeared a month or so later), which may or may not have been discussed elsewhere here in the past.

But when this seller lists, it is usually a flood.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mumbai said:

Yes, there's usually a pattern to his listings, though the seller seems to have skipped one or two cycles in the usual routine.

There has been repetition / re-listings of certain items that might raise eyebrows (went high with a questionable bid history, then reappeared a month or so later), which may or may not have been discussed elsewhere here in the past.

But when this seller lists, it is usually a flood.

Many questionable bids if you follow him long enough.  Not a collector, just a run a the mill reseller in the same vein as schoolgirl or happiestsellerever. 

• Like 1

Yes, he seems to have fishy amounts of the same items and many things relisted.

He has also been buying and flipping things but always states he is blowing out his collection.

If there is not some shilling going on there i would be more than surprised.

Edited by stupus

3 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Many questionable bids if you follow him long enough.

2 minutes ago, stupus said:

If there is not some shilling going on there i would be more than surprised.

Ahem, I was trying to be subtle about what you two have dragged out into the open...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

It's also not a 'collection', he's actively buying too...

I've sold him several games earlier this year and he just re-lists them at inflated BIN prices...

I think he just has a rotating inventory- buying/selling/buying/selling.

• 1 month later...

I saw auctions from speedyshipper too,same items always,it is as if he bought out a bunch of giant warehouses full of these games to constantly have this kind of stock on hand,I don't mean recently,these auctions have been going on for a long time like this.

Maybe I'm missing something here, like an in joke or two, but this looks like a pro storage/big lot buyer seller pretending it's all his old stuff and the prices on a lot of it is hot garbage unless he's willing to take big slices on those best offer choices but I suspect they're window dressing to lure in people.