Jump to content
Kirkman

Can't SSH to CosmosEx

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone... I have a v1 CE that I've used for many years with my Mega STe. Recently I updated it and it began giving me trouble.

 

On boot, the CE would say "Looking for CosmosEx on ACSI" and it would run through various numbers, but it would never succeed. I would quit out of this and the Atari desktop would appear. My SD card hard drive would mount properly, but not the O: Config drive or my N: shared drive (NFS).

 

Since the O: drive didn't mount, I couldn't launch CE_CONF on the Atari. Instead I decided to try to SSH into the CE from my Mac. I've done it in the past, but this time it didn't work. When I tried the SSH command, it just sat there until eventually it timed out.

 

Today I decided to pull out the CE's internal SD card and re-flash it with the latest Raspbian Stretch image, which I found on Jookie's webpage

 

This seems to have solved most of the problems. The Atari sees the CE again, and the O: and N: drives now mount properly. CE_CAST is working, and I can access the screencast through my web browser.

 

The only thing that's not working is SSH access to the CE. Trying SSH continues to result in a timeout. Anyone have any ideas how I might fix that?

 

--Josh

Edited by Kirkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I'm an idiot. I had two parts of the IP address reversed.

 

I can't figure out how to delete this topic on my own, but mods feel free to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you figure out how to get your O: back though?  (I assume that's your network one?)  I haven't been able to get mine working since I updated. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tillek said:

Did you figure out how to get your O: back though?  (I assume that's your network one?)  I haven't been able to get mine working since I updated. :(

Yes, re-flashing the internal SD card did the trick for me. 

 

Of course, after doing that I had to manually re-set all the preferences in CE_CONF (ACSI IDs, IP address, network settings, etc).

 

Something else that occurred to me afterward is that I probably should have replaced the CE_DD and other drivers after I did the original upgrade. Having an older CE_DD might have been what caused all the issues.

 

Edited by Kirkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did try a reflash... but I don't think I tried going back to an older version of CE_DD... Have to try that.  Shame, it's probably the only thing I really used it for. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...