IGNORED

Hover Strike, Iron Soldier 2 or MYST - What is Better!?

Adriano Arcade

The penultimate Tate and Adrian Atari Jaguar show!? Quite possibly! Today we reflect on the middle section of my alphabetised Jag CD games!
Hover Strike, Iron Soldier 2 & MYST are all discussed and ranked! Which of these 3 is your favourite?
Plus a special unreleased Jag CD game is also chucked in for good measure!

• Like 2

I'm an old Myst fan. I played the hell out of the Mac edition back in the day. I bought an Elansar cart specifically because it reminded me of Myst. So Myst would be my pick for best of this bunch.

Iron Soldier 2 is pretty good, too. It's kind of reminds me of Metal Head for the 32X, but better. I liked playing Metal Head back in the day - it was one of the better 32X titles.

Hover Strike? Reminds me of Battlecorps, but not as good. Battlecorps is a great game on the Sega CD - Hover Strike makes me want to turn off the Jaguar and play Battlecorps instead. ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've played all three, and they're all totally different games, so hard to really say which is better, because they all fit a different interest.

Me personally, of the three, I've far enjoyed Hover Strike (CD version) far more than I've played the other games. I haven't played my Jaguar CD in a long time though, it's in storage with my 73 VW Bus and my 87 Pontiac Fiero about 1,600 miles away from me. If anyone has thought about maybe putting Hover Strike CD on one of the larger / newer cartridges, I'd be pretty thrilled. After playing the CD version of the game, I just can't be bothered with the cartridge version of the game. I can't remember, but I don't seem to remember the changes being too significant... mostly just improved graphics... any cut-scenes... I could really care less about.