IGNORED

Cartridge dumper for ATRAX, Williams, Atarimax and XEGS.

Wilheim

Hi, everyone!

Attached to this post there is a small utility I programmed recently. It's a cartridge dumper for different bank-switching models. The file it's an ATR containing MYDOS 4.53 and APE_WARP patch in the case you allow warp speed in your SIO2PC.

It's recommended that you use this image in a SIO2PC/APE interface and configured APE or RespeQT in 3X speed (Pokey Divisor 8) so the process takes less time.

There are two executables: DUMPER.XEX, which saves data for Williams, ATRAX, Turbosoft and Atarimax models. And DUMPX.XEX, which dumps XEGS/Switchable XEGS models.

Instructions:

1. Boot the DiskDumper.ATR on D1: with OPTION pressed.

2. Load the binary DUMPER.XEX or DUMPX.XEX with the L option on MYDOS menu.

3. You can mount an ATR file of at least 2 MBytes  on your favorite disk manager application. I recommend to mount it on D2:

4. With the START button, you can change the size from 64K to 1024K. 1024K is in default. With OPTION button, you can see the directory on D1: The button SELECT is not able yet.

5. Insert the cartridge on the Atari 8-bit machine. I recommend to insert it slightly tilted to the right. That way it minimizes the risk of hanging the computer out.

6. To start the dumping, just type the complete filename you want to save in in Dx:8.3 format. Example: D2:DUMP.BIN. It's important that you put the Dx: parameter or it won't work.

7. The application starts the dump in the ATR file.

If you have any issue, feel free to give your feedback about this application.

I hope it helps to make you busy during these times.

Cheers!

DiskDumper.atr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2