IGNORED

New Uno cart not working

rietveld

Just waited 6 weeks to get my Uno cart for my 600/800 xl computers and it doesnt work.  Big let down

All i get is a blank screen.  The cart came in a box with out any instructions or documentation.  Big let down for a new atari xl user

The SD card should be a small one and make sure its formatted. You just drag and drop the files to the SD card ( no folder needed ).

It CAN do some .ATR's( disk images ) but stick to .XEX files. You can get them at Atarionline.pl.

Edited by Paul Westphal

1 minute ago, Paul Westphal said:

The SD card should be a small one and make sure its formatted. You just drag and drop the files to the SD card ( no folder needed ).

It CAN do some .ATR's( disk images ) but stick to .XEX files. You can get them at Atarionlie.pl.

The Uno doesnt even light up .  I just downloaded the manual and it says there should be a red light on the cart.  I tried it in both my 600 xl and 800 xl but not light and no screen.

I am actually surprised that this was not tested before shipping.  I bought it brand new 

9 minutes ago, Paul Westphal said:

Bummer. Sorry, maybe they will send you a replacement?

Just tried again and the cart is dead, no light on it and no menu.  

It wasnt a ton of money but still cost me $55 plus another $20 for shipping.  I waited 6 weeks and it arrived dead.  Just a bit disappointed since i just got into atari computers.

I guess the computers just go back into the closet for now since this was going to be my only source of software for them

The seller has a 100 percent positive rating so hopfully they help me out with this

27 minutes ago, Paul Westphal said:

The Uno Cart will not work on a 16k machine, which the stock 600XL is. It WILL work on a 48k 400, but NOT a 800.

Get one from The Brewing Academy.

I have a 800 xl and the cart doent even power on.  I bought it from the source that was listed here on AA.  

6 minutes ago, Sugarland said:

Sorry to hear! Hope you get it worked out with them. Perhaps a refund. Recommend you get an SIO2PC/SD device and/or an AVG-CART. 

I was pretty excited to get an 800 xl but now i am not that excited anymore.  I may just sell the atari setup and move on.  I have a 600 xl, 800 xl, XE, atari monitor, and disk drive.   pretty bummed out about this uno cart as i have a working one for my 2600 heavy sixer and it works great

Hopefully you've contacted the seller back for support or a replacement, but bear in mind too that these are bus-sniffing and hence critical due to working 'on the edge' in expecting a reasonably clean PHI2 signal and although most machines (esp. 800XLs) should be fine in that respect (and hence may work fine on the seller's machine) that some machines may experience issues.

Don't let the experience put you off. You don't say where you are, though 6 weeks (with Covid) going on from the UK does seem strange.

2 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

Hopefully you've contacted the seller back for support or a replacement, but bear in mind too that these are bus-sniffing and hence critical due to working 'on the edge' in expecting a reasonably clean PHI2 signal and although most machines (esp. 800XLs) should be fine in that respect (and hence may work fine on the seller's machine) that some machines may experience issues.

Don't let the experience put you off. You don't say where you are, though 6 weeks (with Covid) going on from the UK does seem strange.

Canada

9 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello rietveld

Why not add that to your profile?!

Sincerely

Mathy

10 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello rietveld

Sincerely

Mathy

10 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello rietveld

Sincerely

Mathy

ik ben nederlands maar woon in canada

Hallo rietveld

Iets dergelijks dacht ik al.  Maareh, zet even in je profiel waar je woont.  Dat helpt enorm als mensen je willen helpen.  En pas even de tekstgrootte hierboven aan als dat nog kan... ;-)

groetjes

Mathy

PS nothing important enough that it needs translation folks.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure the seller didn't sell you a dud deliberately but I also can't understand a 6 week wait even with COVID issues. Aliexpress yes, but from an ebay store??  Yes certain places like Poland have mail issues but you can still get stuff from there but you have to use UPS etc.

I know its a bummer to get a dud but don't let it just crash the whole notion of getting back in to the hobby.

Just on the shipping piece since I’m also in Canada. I’ve had two items come from Europe during COVID and they took extra long. Anything that comes regular post seems to be 6 to 8 weeks. I eventually got them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk