IGNORED

Lochjaw vs Shark Attack Differences

Stan

I’ve played it and played it and nothing else happens, the cloud always moves and never stops the trees never do. It’s the same on every game selection available regardless of where the difficulty switches are set. And it’s still almost unplayable, like the moving tree version you can’t get around the maze without constantly getting hung up, which didn’t really improve with the Shark Attack version.

5 minutes ago, duckodb said:

I’ve played it and played it and nothing else happens, the cloud always moves and never stops the trees never do. It’s the same on every game selection available regardless of where the difficulty switches are set. And it’s still almost unplayable, like the moving tree version you can’t get around the maze without constantly getting hung up, which didn’t really improve with the Shark Attack version.

I like it lol. But yeah man looks like it's just you and me owning this version currently and the game code for the known version with the trees reveals that ours is probably the FIRST version.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

I like it lol. But yeah man looks like it's just you and me owning this version currently and the game code for the known version with the trees reveals that ours is probably the FIRST version.

Well I posted a video of it weeks ago and nothings happened. I don’t know who runs the rarity guide of this site but as I said before I can’t understand 1 game that has multiple label variations but is the exact same game having separate rarity ratings but a game like this that has different on screen graphics not having its own page in the rarity guide. So far with only 2 copies known to exist I’d think this version would be a rare 10. I know there’s other people here that own legit Lochjaws but none have taken the time to put theirs in and play them to verify their version and vote on that poll you started. I wish they would.

14 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The rarity guide has very low priority (Al is running the side all on his own) and I doubt it has been updated for years.

I also hope that we find more copies and that we get your version dumped eventually.

I hope we don’t find anymore personally lol.

2 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

My guess is one of them is the infamous "red box" version...

I couldn’t say , unfortunately I have the manual but no box.

This discussion made me curious about the copy of Skeet Shoot I have.  The screen rolls when I try to play it on my NTSC system.  I always assumed it was just a PAL version even though it come in the US box.  I decided to dump it.  It's drawing 286 scanlines, which probably wouldn't work well with either PAL or NTSC.

I think Apollo just sucked at getting the games for ready for production.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwieland said:

This discussion made me curious about the copy of Skeet Shoot I have.  The screen rolls when I try to play it on my NTSC system.  I always assumed it was just a PAL version even though it come in the US box.  I decided to dump it.  It's drawing 286 scanlines, which probably wouldn't work well with either PAL or NTSC.

This was a known issue with the first batch of Skeet Shoot cartridges that was apparently corrected.  It was mentioned in this interview with programmer Ed Salvo back in 2006.

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2020 at 5:58 PM, Let's Find The Rarities said:

I believe Pat Roper is still alive, but very elderly. He lives in the Dallas area, as does at least one of his children. Perhaps he can be interviewed by someone associated with the site?

No, he's been dead for over 30 years.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/74776298/patrick-james-roper

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Rom Hunter said:

Four, unless you're the person Groundtrooper spoke of.

No I am not that person. 

1 hour ago, Rom Hunter said:

Are you able to dump the ROM?

I don't have any of the tools to do that but I would be happy to if someone wanted to mail them to me.