IGNORED

Not many things left I need Lynx wise...

djrodderz

But if anyone has for sale or can source any of the following I would truly appreciate it. I understand there are some of the very hard to get bits and bobs!

P.I.T.S.

Hot Dog

On Duty

Death Cart

EOTB (Eric’s version I have the video 61 version)

Rygar (Japanese Variant)

Shanghai (Japanese Variant)

Paperboy (Japanese Variant)

Xenophobe (Japanese Variant)

Bubble Trouble (Original Telegames pink cover release)

Hard Drivin’ pin badge

Roadblasters pin badge

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks all!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I'm impressed that you sourced Bitchy! And P.I.T.S. isn't alot of fun without the case and manual -- those are the really difficult items to obtain. And weren't only ten copies of the Death Cart made?

I with think P.I.T.S. I want the whole suitcased bundle :) Not that my German is that good. I mean it isn't bad but not brilliant!

I swear I saw the Death Cart on a website not so long ago but I cannot remember where!?

3 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

Totally jealous.  I'd pay decent money for a copy of Bitchy.

Why??

I'd pay decent money for Metal Mutant (remember: fully playable and complete before it disappeared in France) or the uncut version of Dracula -- and maybe a playable version of Vindicators -- but aside from those titles, the new homebrews that are coming out are better than any of the old protos or rarities.

• Like 1

I was unaware of Metal Mutant until now.  Sounds sketchy though - Atari, always desperate for software for their consoles, turned down a game that was ready to go?

Anyway, why Bitchy?  Because I have a complete commercial Lynx collection and have moved on to homebrew and obscurities, because I played the slider game demos made by the same guy and they're addicting, and because boobs, I guess. 

19 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

I was unaware of Metal Mutant until now.  Sounds sketchy though - Atari, always desperate for software for their consoles, turned down a game that was ready to go?

Anyway, why Bitchy?  Because I have a complete commercial Lynx collection and have moved on to homebrew and obscurities, because I played the slider game demos made by the same guy and they're addicting, and because boobs, I guess. 

From what few reports we have of the game, Metal Mutant wasn’t a throwaway title for the Lynx. Its disappearance is a complete mystery, but I believe it was a third party title, and Atari wasn’t great at developing those relationships. It’s most likely not the only vanished complete game, but it is the only one I know with verified reports of a complete working game that’s since disappeared. And Atari itself had the same issue with its own in-house titles for the 7800 and the XE, so needing finished product was not the problem here. I'm still hoping, after seventeen years, that it made its way into the hands of some collector instead of being simply destroyed.

because boobs, I guess.

Because Boobs sounds like the beginning of an excellent game for any system! It literally has appeal to all flavours on the gender and age spectrum, and would probably be a very flexible concept. I personally continue to be fascinated by Lynx Invades Japan (the seller now seems to have renamed it as Invader Japan -- mystery!!!) even though it's essentially worthless as an item. Good times.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 10:31 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

I'd like to say that I harbour regrets about not picking one up during its only "run", but...nah. Same with Bitchy (when people were more amenable to selling theirs). 

When was the last Bitchy for sale on here or eBay?

20 hours ago, djrodderz said:

When was the last Bitchy for sale on here or eBay?

Last offered to me in a sale (private)...four, maybe five years ago? I've never seen it listed in the sales forum or on eBay, though. Someone told me that only ten copies were made; someone else said thirty.

20 Bitchy made :

15 given to winners of the contest, 1 for Rygar itself and 4 for other people.

All carts were numbered (I guess number 6 to 20 were for winners).

The edition included also some metal goodies (at least, I think I got these goodies with it) and numbered box (but my edtion did not have it).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I feel like the last two responses should be pinned in response to the inevitable "Whatever Happened to Bitchy?" questions that will inevitable pop up over the next twenty years or so. :)

Pin it to the forum top, pin it to the top forever! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2020 at 5:42 AM, davidcalgary29 said:

Why??

I'd pay decent money for Metal Mutant (remember: fully playable and complete before it disappeared in France) or the uncut version of Dracula -- and maybe a playable version of Vindicators -- but aside from those titles, the new homebrews that are coming out are better than any of the old protos or rarities.

The full story is detailed in the GTW book.. 

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/the-games-that-werent

But contrary to popular belief, David Kurensky DID NOT hand over his Lynx Vindicators code nor Lynx development kit, to Atari when Vindicators was pulled, he passed them onto Chuck Ernst,along with printouts of the arcade source code. 

Currently the development machines won't boot ?, so work would be needed to recover anything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

The full story is detailed in the GTW book.. 

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/the-games-that-werent

But contrary to popular belief, David Kurensky DID NOT hand over his Lynx Vindicators code nor Lynx development kit, to Atari when Vindicators was pulled, he passed them onto Chuck Ernst,along with printouts of the arcade source code. 

Currently the development machines won't boot ?, so work would be needed to recover anything. 

The full story on Metal Mutant or Vindicators? I may buy the book if there's more info on the disappearance of Metal Mutant.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:25 PM, djrodderz said:

But if anyone has for sale or can source any of the following I would truly appreciate it. I understand there are some of the very hard to get bits and bobs!

P.I.T.S.

Hot Dog

On Duty

Death Cart

EOTB (Eric’s version I have the video 61 version)

Rygar (Japanese Variant)

Shanghai (Japanese Variant)

Paperboy (Japanese Variant)

Xenophobe (Japanese Variant)

Bubble Trouble (Original Telegames pink cover release)

Hard Drivin’ pin badge

Roadblasters pin badge

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks all!

bits and bobs? 
are u british? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...