IGNORED

7800 stick-compatible 5200 Masterplay Clone - is there one out there or could it be made?

BIGHMW

I used to own 2 of each the 2600/Sega and 7800 controller versions of @Albert's popular Redemption 5200 units but had to sell all but one 7800 interface due to being unemployed until April of last year, and since he no longer makes them (and if he still did I would've just ordered a couple of the 7800 version as 2600 controllers will also work with them knowing that from the past.) but I wondered since that idea is out, if there may be a 7800-controller-compatible version of the ever popular Masterplay Clone that everybody here likes so much, and when it comes to the Masterplay clone, where do I order them from???

We are very close to finished an arcade controller for the 5200 that will also include a "Masterplay" clone circuit for 2600 and Genesis controllers, but not the 7800 controllers.  Almost no one is ever interested in using 7800 controllers!

It looks like we are also going to be able to offer a stripped down version of the main controller that will include only the same adapter circuit, keypad, and also the knob/spinner in a less expensive package.  But, that won't happen until the controller is off the ground. 

Other features:

* analog self centering hall-effect joystick

* ambidextrous button layout

* 3D printed frames to allow use of OG game overlays on the keypad

* knob operates in paddle or spinner mode

* digital centering/calibration function

IMG_4683.PNG

• Like 5

The reason I was asking about a 7800 version was for the second fire button so I can have digital control of games that need it and also have dual fire buttons for games (like Defender, Stargate, Qix, etc.) that need that secondary fire button.

19 hours ago, edladdin said:

We are very close to finished an arcade controller for the 5200 that will also include a "Masterplay" clone circuit for 2600 and Genesis controllers, but not the 7800 controllers.  Almost no one is ever interested in using 7800 controllers!

It looks like we are also going to be able to offer a stripped down version of the main controller that will include only the same adapter circuit, keypad, and also the knob/spinner in a less expensive package.  But, that won't happen until the controller is off the ground. 

Other features:

IMG_4683.PNG

Melikes...a lot!

21 hours ago, edladdin said:

Other features:

IMG_4683.PNG

Please produce 3000-5000 of these...

(   or at least 300-500   for   the 5200 hardcore-core of gamers/users/buyers   )

• Like 1

I have already bookmarked @edladdin's official site, I will be ordering a Super 78 stick soon (as my sole digital controller with the Super 52 being the sole analog one) and I'll ask him to put me on the waiting list for the Super 52 as well, I just have to get some of my bills (including my monthly rent here at Bishop Park of $625.00) paid up first and have some left over and then I'll get to it, no more "Pain-Line" for me, I'll use the Super 78 with the Redemption 5200 7800 interface while I wait for the Super 52 so I can enjoy Tempest with it!!!

I also want to be one of the first to make a review video for my official BIGHMW TV YouTube channel (address in my signature) on my soon-to-be launched new miniseries "The Atari Report" (there are two versions, a 2600 Edition and a 5200 Edition), which uses old early-2000s "ABC World News Tonight" intro music by the great Edd Kalehoff (provided the YT copyright algorhythms don't detect it of course!) in the opening in which I apply myself as the voiceover (I couldn't afford the great Jim Cutler, sorry), but yes I DO want to start a review series on both 2600 games and 5200 games (each on its own playlist) on YouTube!!! I even go out of my way to wear different Atari t-shirts for each of the two, a red one for the 2600 reviews, and a blue one for the 5200 reviews, of course!!!

Even my own closing ending, ".....and that's GAME OVER for this edition of The Atari Report so for all of us here at BIGHMW.com World Headquarters, I'm Ray Jackson wishing you Good Gaming and Goodnight."