IGNORED

Unholy

• 8 months later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Unholy on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 29, 2021) HALLOWEEN stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've started a thread to keep everyone updated on the production of all the new pre-order games, including Unholy.  I'm also posting photos as items arrive, such as the boxes, manuals, labels, posters, and other items once I've received them!  

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

..Al

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
AtariAge Day 2022
THIS SATURDAY, LIVE on ZeroPage Homebrew

Saturday, May 21st 2022
12PM PT/3PM ET/7PM GMT

Join us for this year's AtariAge Day hosted by @ZeroPage Homebrew on Saturday, May 21st starting at 12PM PT to see the latest homebrew games for the Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, and Atari Jaguar, as well as live interviews with the developers who created all these great games. Make sure you don't miss this huge event and mark it on your calendars! All the newest games in the AtariAge Store will be unboxed and played during the interviews with developers!

864681887_20220518-AtariAgeDay-Square-Unholy.thumb.jpg.67e977f32c0d92b558a3a671489205e5.jpg

Releases & Interviews

Atari 2600:
  • Doggone It (2600) by Andrew Pauley @Armscar Coder
  • Escape from the Castle (2600) by Eduardo Vilarinho
  • Game of the Bear (2600) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Hellway (2600) by Octavio Pinho Bokel @Octavio Pinho Bokel
  • LadyBug Arcade (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Mr. Yo-Yo (2600) by David Marli @DaveM
  • Pitkat (2600) by Marco Johannes (MarcoJ) and Dyfed Hitchings (Jamtex)
  • RobotWar 2684 (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Soul of the Beast (2600) by Michael Christophersson/ΛERIF°RM @flame
  • Unholy (2600) by Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago
Atari 5200:
  • Intellidiscs (5200) by Ryan Witmer @Ryan Witmer
Atari 7800:
  • Danger Zone (7800) by Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster
  • Dragon's Descent (7800) by Todd Furmanski @Revontuli
  • Knight Guy in Low-Res World – Castle Days (7800) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Wizard's Dungeon (7800) by BydoEmpire @BydoEmpire
Atari Jaguar:
  • Dr. Typo Collection (Jaguar) by Dr. Typo @DrTypo
  • Gravitic Mines (Jaguar) by Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ and and Ander Lex @agradeneu
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 4:19 AM, Leonardo Santiago said:

Yes! ... Batari Basic & DPC+ kernel

I'm late to the party but only recently (this Spring) got into 2600 retrogaming and even more recently discovered your game.  Great job!   I was hoping to ask you a question or two regarding the programming choices you made with the game.  I saw you used flicker and the same sprite for the cross shooting weapon, the jars, and the enemies.  Would it have instead been possible to use the ball sprite instead for the cross (admittedly forming a lower case t instead if you didn't use flicker to alternate the crossed portion via lengthening the ball width) or would using that take up too many cycles?   How would the game have changed if you had used the standard kernel instead (other than not allowing multiple enemy sprites on the same line other than doubling/tripling identical ones)?  I apologize if some of the questions seem basic (pun intended) or silly but I'm very new to 2600 programming.  Thanks in advance and great job!

Edited by LatchKeyKid

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 10:58 AM, LatchKeyKid said:

I'm late to the party but only recently (this Spring) got into 2600 retrogaming and even more recently discovered your game.  Great job!   I was hoping to ask you a question or two regarding the programming choices you made with the game.  I saw you used flicker and the same sprite for the cross shooting weapon, the jars, and the enemies.  Would it have instead been possible to use the ball sprite instead for the cross (admittedly forming a lower case t instead if you didn't use flicker to alternate the crossed portion via lengthening the ball width) or would using that take up too many cycles?   How would the game have changed if you had used the standard kernel instead (other than not allowing multiple enemy sprites on the same line other than doubling/tripling identical ones)?  I apologize if some of the questions seem basic (pun intended) or silly but I'm very new to 2600 programming.  Thanks in advance and great job!

You are not late. All the subjects here are atemporal. 😁

That was my first game, I was just figuring things out so I used DPC+ which was an easier development option.
It would have been possible to use the ball as a cross, just like using the standard kernel, although it would have graphical limitations but the gameplay would be there. (using flicker on P1 or doubles)

Nowadays, I would do it very differently, developing directly in assembly, but it's nice to have this game as a photograph of the "old Leonardo"😝

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Leonardo Santiago said:

You are not late. All the subjects here are atemporal. 😁

That was my first game, I was just figuring things out so I used DPC+ which was an easier development option.
It would have been possible to use the ball as a cross, just like using the standard kernel, although it would have graphical limitations but the gameplay would be there. (using flicker on P1 or doubles)

Nowadays, I would do it very differently, developing directly in assembly, but it's nice to have this game as a photograph of the "old Leonardo"😝

Unholier upcoming sequel confirmed alongside Half Life 3?  :)   A gamer can dream... 

• Like 1