IGNORED

Apollo Games

Joe Siegler

• 3 years later...
On 7/23/2003 at 2:54 PM, Room 34 said:

I will give it that, unquestionably.

I liked Infiltrate OK as a kid... nothing super-thrilling, but decent. I'm glad I was able to recently add it back to my collection. It was one of several games I had as a kid but gave away to a friend who was moving out of town in 8th grade (in 1987). As I've gotten back into collecting over the past few years, one goal was to get back a copy of all of the games I had owned in the past.

I liked Infiltrate and the game is underated and very good. 

I remember playin it at a trailer house in Grambling, Louisiana in the 80's.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually DO remember the Space Cavern TV commercials from 1983 and even though I was not a 2600 kinda guy at that time (mainly because of the butchering of the OG 1981 Atari 2600 Pac-Man and also because I have owned a 5200 since 1983) when I finally discovered how much improved the games were on the 2600 (thanks mainly to Pac-Man 4K from the great Dennis Debro) with all the great homebrews when I downloaded all of those 2600 games (onto an SD card for use in my Flashback 9, I now use the 2600 adapter on my 5200), Space Cavern was the first Apollo game I tried. I loved how the constant flow of Electrosauri (that's what they were known as, as for the side monsters I don't know what they're called), and how they kept you on your toes and you'd better not be asleep on the joystick or YOU WILL FRY!!! In fact, it was one of the first I reviewed on the 2600 Edition of The Atari Report in it's inaugural season (S01 E03) BITD, and had some favorable comments on it, see here:

As for the TV ad for Space Cavern here it is:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, broncoman said:

what mags should i look for on the apollo interview ?

The August 1982 issue of Videogaming Illustrated (pg. 7-8) and the January 1983 issue of Electronic Fun with Computers & Games (pg. 60-62).  Scans of both issues can be found online.

• Like 1