IGNORED

Sophia 2 preorder thread

Simius

22 hours ago, TommyTomorrow said:

Don't you think guys it's not fair to group with someone who have ordered Sophia2 much earlier than you? In example, if I made my order two posts after Ricky, why should I wait longer than people who grouped with others later than me?

I've got real things to worry about, I don't really care what order he ships stuff 

• Like 1

Yes indeed, I too wish I had only the wait time on a parcel to worry about..

But don't worry, they will all go out the same time, almost certainly, you have more worry about the actual postal systems themselves, its taken me longer to get post in the UK from the UK than something I ordered from China on the 23rd and it arrived this morning..

(5 quid magnifying glasses that are rubbish!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 7:54 AM, mimo said:

I've got real things to worry about, I don't really care what order he ships stuff 

I feel the same way. I'm in no hurry either. Often I'll order something like this and it will sit on a shelf for six months before I get around to installing it anyway! That's the way it was with my Incognito. I've had the Turbo Freezer 2011 in my possession now for weeks and it's still sitting on a shelf, along with parts for an SDrive Max that have been there a year. Two 4-in-1 OS boards from Dropcheck I've had for about a year still sit on a shelf too.  But I am starting to catch up on my back-log.;)

As to pre-orders, the only reason a pre-order should be first-come, first serve would be if they are being released as numbered collection editions. Otherwise a pre-order, to me, is merely a reservation of the item, making sure that one or more copies will be available for you personally to purchase if you still choose to do so at the release time. I've never expected to receive the item before another person just because I asked for a reservation before they did. I assume that a large percentage, if not all pre-ordered copies will be manufactured at the same time, and none shipped out until all are finished (if being hand-assembled) and all made will be shipped out at once and where you live in the world relating to the shipping origin and how long service take to your part of the world dictates who gets it first.

• Like 1

Good news. The first boards are ready for shipping. THT assembly, start-up and preparing an accessories take some time, so it doesn't make sense to wait with the shipment to get all batch ready. These boards are preparing for XL/XE machines only. Boards for 800 computers have to be equipped with other sockets to fit the space inside the chassis and will be prepared when I know how many is needed. All necessary informations will be sent to PM.

20201124_102228.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Simius said:

Good news. The first boards are ready for shipping. THT assembly, start-up and preparing an accessories take some time, so it doesn't make sense to wait with the shipment to get all batch ready. These boards are preparing for XL/XE machines only. Boards for 800 computers have to be equipped with other sockets to fit the space inside the chassis and will be prepared when I know how many is needed. All necessary informations will be sent to PM.

20201124_102228.jpg

Is it wrong that I'm drooling a little right now?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tillek said:

So just so I'm clear... Are we getting PM's when we're next in line? Or did I miss the "send payment here"?

I mean, I'm not in any rush either, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a memo.

Same boat here. I showed my interest months ago, but I have not received a PM. Not in a rush...

But I would like to send my payment ?

Shut Up And Take My Money GIF by Product Hunt - Find & Share on GIPHY