IGNORED

Sophia 2 preorder thread

Simius

5 hours ago, Alessiman said:

However i found that while my motherboard is socketed the SOFIA 2 board does not want to stay in place securely.  It seems like the socket doesn't play nice with modern pins.  I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue

And lastly.  How do you get sound out of the 800XL??

I had the same issue discussed in the other Sophia 2 thread.  I got the Sophia 2 in my 800xl socket easily but in my 600xl it does not want to stay in, just pops out.

As for audio on my 800xl I have run the audio plug from the monitor cable to a stand alone powered speaker.  I looked at HDMI audio injectors but they are very expensive.

Maybe PokeyMax 3 is the solution but I don't know enough about that add-on to comment.

10 hours ago, Alessiman said:

However i found that while my motherboard is socketed the SOFIA 2 board does not want to stay in place securely.  It seems like the socket doesn't play nice with modern pins.  I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue

My 800XL is a Rev.D and it’s socketed except for both ROMs and PIA.

Sophia 2 was a tight fit in the factory socket but once it popped in, it hasn’t moved.

I just used the monitor jack for audio and route it to my speakers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

As for audio on my 800xl I have run the audio plug from the monitor cable to a stand alone powered speaker.  I looked at HDMI audio injectors but they are very expensive.

It was a case of RTFM! the DVI input has a tiny 3.5mm audio in that wasn't next to the DVI socket.  Once i found a 2 RCA to 3.5mm Y adapter all was working fine

1 hour ago, Alessiman said:

I'm worried if i press down too hard it will damage the motherboard.  

Support it underneath with some styrofoam or whatever is not conductive or anti-static so the logic board doesn’t deflect as you press.

Edited by ratwell
  • Like 1

@Simius, the VGATE mode is an awesome feature. I've noticed with Lucasfilm games like Rescue on Fractalas that the left edge is still showing some of the image that would normally disappear into the overscan area:

956763185_RescueofFractalasVGATEleftside.thumb.jpg.6888d88527e1c2d3defc2fa0e590e470.jpg

Ballblazer has the same issue with a brown bar at the bottom left.

Is there a way to tweak this? If not, it would be cool to add an offset adjustment to the sconf.xex.

Edited by ratwell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...