IGNORED

Sophia 2 preorder thread

Simius

6 hours ago, Teflon said:

I would like to be added to the list for when they become available again. Thanks

@Teflon Hi. If you PM Simius I am sure he'll give you details, etc.  I have one on back order and have just socketed my GTIA chip in anticipation.... (... errr... that's sounds really bad when I read this back to myself in my head heh heh :lol:)

Edited by Beeblebrox

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Teflon Hi. If you PM Simius I am sure he'll give you details, etc.  I have one on back order and have just socketed my GTIA chip in anticipation.... (... errr... that's sounds really bad when I read this back to myself in my head heh heh :lol:)

Thanks for the feedback! I'll send the pm.

I know they are not available now but still have some questions:

1)if I upgrade my Sophia 1 RGB to Sophia 2, is the internal connector for the analogue signals the same ?

2) can I use Sophia2 as RGB -and- DVI out, not at the same time but can I use it as RGB analogue to SCART for my CRT TV one day, and hook it up to my brand new OLED TV digitally the other day ?

Has anyone ever come across a monitor that refuses to sync to any resolution provided by Sophia 2 via the U1MB plugin, all latest firmware?

The reason I ask is because I have a really nice Dell 1707FPt here that is a 4:3 IPS monitor with a really nice crisp image (I use it on my Amiga via an Indivision AGA MkIICr, it looks stunning) that I'd like to use with my 600XL - Problem is there's not a single graphics mode it will sync to? My 600XL is a PAL machine.

Right now I'm using what's virtually it's 16:9 big brother, the Dell 2007WFP and it looks great, scales perfectly at 4:3, but for practical reasons I'd really like to use the 1707FPt. Anyone got any ideas? I'm not sure if it's the U1MB plugin or something I'm missing in relation to Sophia 2?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, olix said:

i would like to pre-order one of your Sophia 2 for my 800 XL. Is this still possible?

@olix

Hi. There is a bit of a wait given component (chip) shortages worldwide apparently. So last I heard we'll be talking Spring 2022 before Simius can get the parts and start to build up a new batch. (Correct me if I am wrong). There is quite a queue already, including myself. ?

PM Simius to get on the list I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beeblebrox said:

@mimo PM Simius ?

Nope, that's not how it works.

You place your interest here, he PM's you when it's your turn.

At least that's how it worked when I bought my last one. He probably doesn't want his inbox constantly filled 

18 hours ago, mimo said:

Nope, that's not how it works.

You place your interest here, he PM's you when it's your turn.

At least that's how it worked when I bought my last one. He probably doesn't want his inbox constantly filled 

I contacted Simus via his inbox as advised by other long standing AA members, he certainly didn't seem to have an issue in me doing so and was very friendly and forthcoming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...