IGNORED

Sophia 2 preorder thread

Simius

@Simius Given the amount of users coming by this thread to log their order who might not be aware of the global chip shortage and frequently mentioned expected delays to the next Sophia batch; might it be a good idea to request the thread's title be tweaked?

So something like: Sophia 2 preorder thread: for expected 2024 availability  

The orders are mounting, which is great of course. However it might be a good idea given it is likely we'll not being getting our hands on these units for 24 months+ until sometime in 2024, if not longer. Especially given you have to make them all too once the chips are finally sourced. You must be up to at least a 150 orders I'd guess already, and I am assuming those who placed their orders earlier will be the first recepients?

thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@MrFSLSure, but I think for those new to AA and this thread who aren't aware of the global chip shortage and the delay to the next Sophia 2 batches being a case of a couple of years, rather than 2022 - it makes sense to tweak the title of the thread to let people know we are likely talking 2024. :) (It's good to manage expectation after all). I recall a few months back seeing someone post elsewhere on AA who was fixing up their A8 and was factoring into their build a Sophia 2 - where they were thinking it would be soon available in 2022. I let them know the situation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I could sell mine and make a mint :)

I am joking, was a present and it's staying in my machine..... Also, the spare GTIA I had from this machine went in to the 1200 to make it pal..

@Mclaneinc  I'll give you $1m for it..........and 2 of my 3 gold teeth!!:dunce::D

Edited by Beeblebrox

I had bought three of them in the past?,

one for me, one for my daughter (also a big ATARI fan?), and one - out of good nature- to a member of the ABBUC-Forum for the standard price...

Unfortunately I regret it... ☹️

Not because of the ABBUC member, but because I didn't know, that the time for the next batch of the Sophia is still light years ahead... ?

Cheers,

andY

20 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

We could use our beloved 80s computer to clone him. I mean look at the film Weird science... worked for those boys!! ?

LOL... well from my research here (see this video):

We will need the latest version of "Crypto-Smasher" (at least version >= 3.10) --- anyone have an ATR or CAS file?

*** Sorry for hijacking... I'm done.

Edited by MrFSL
  • Haha 4