IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 4 ~ Stampede

Vocelli

Game 8:  2199

You know when you've got one of those games going and it feels like you're scoring a lot of points but you don't really know for sure and there isn't any time to glance at the scoreboard because one mistake could bring it all crashing down in a heap of life-changing regret?

?

Yeah, it was like that.

Stampede (1981) (Activision)_17.png

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Scrabbler15 said:

Game 8:  2199

You know when you've got one of those games going and it feels like you're scoring a lot of points but you don't really know for sure and there isn't any time to glance at the scoreboard because one mistake could bring it all crashing down in a heap of life-changing regret?

?

Yeah, it was like that.

Stampede (1981) (Activision)_17.png

OK, not a new revelation to me, but definitely a discouraging one, I can't break the habit-

Some games give you time to look at the scoring/timing, is even vital(Nads watches the timer on Dragster...Seriously..?), some games just don't.

I think the monster scorers are able to kinda compute where they are, and manage to keep from that distraction.

Not the same thing, quite, but I play a lot of 16 bit racing games-it's SOOO easy to screw up a lap, by glancing at your previous lap time at the wrong moment!

• Like 5

this is one of the more fun Atari games I’ve played. Once it gets fast though it’s all over. Going to keep at this and try to get better score by midnight. Been working a lot wish I could practice more. Sorry to always get in last minute not even great scores. It’s something though. ?
edit this is the game one I guess. Not the extra bonus game. 

025A0FE1-1DEB-4900-B8F1-D14B86B875D1.jpeg

Edited by Austinblair
  • Like 4

I really need some help. I use all the common advice (keep only one lane open, remembering the skull, white cow, red cow, brown cow pattern). Yet I always get stuck somewhere around 1,500 pts. -- everything just gets too fast (yes, I know my top score is 1,900+ but I have NO idea how I got that far. That's my biggest frustration with video games). Is there any way to get ALL of the brown cows in a formation that's simple to herd them in without losing them at the higher speeds? I've watched Scrabbler15's video but I think I need it explained to me verbally. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Austinblair said:

1527 game one. Improved some. Cool game I like it. 

1126909B-C926-4A8C-9C4B-915003A1FAF7.jpeg

No lie, being so inexperienced and stuff, I thought you were gonna crap out on this game, and not be willing to even play it-you did better than I expected on this, definitely.

• Like 2