IGNORED

Atari 820 printer wanted

cwilbar

Odd as it may seem, I'd like to find an Atari 820 printer for use on my old 400 and 800.

Back in the day I used an Epson RX-80 with an 815 interface module.  It was a nice combination... but I'm looking to the smaller format printer for this setup, as it will get used for the occasional small listing/etc and I don't need 80 columns for that.

PM me if you have one your interested in selling.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always wanted one for the collection.  This one looked nice, but finished at $236!!!  Yikes!

In the 1980s, I knew Atari BBS SysOps that used to have them fire off messages to SysOp in the middle of the night and their families complained.  Ha Ha!

I had the 822 thermal.  I hate thermal today.  I buy expensive things at Lowe's and the receipt fades away in a couple of months!

On 9/9/2020 at 11:48 PM, wood_jl said:

I've always wanted one for the collection.  This one looked nice, but finished at $236!!!  Yikes!

In the 1980s, I knew Atari BBS SysOps that used to have them fire off messages to SysOp in the middle of the night and their families complained.  Ha Ha!

I had the 822 thermal.  I hate thermal today.  I buy expensive things at Lowe's and the receipt fades away in a couple of months!

236.95 is alot.  But here is a 1 thousand.  Seems these are rare.  236 was probably worth bidding.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402411861936

I did finally locate one of these.

I need to figure out where to get a ribbon, plus when pressing the 'form feed'? button, the stepper is erratic, like it is getting an AC waveform rather than proper stepper pulses.

Multiple screws that hold the aluminum plat to the bottom are stripped out which I need to come up with a solution for, and for some reason the copper metal guide for the ribbon on the right side of the head is missing.... might have to fabricate something eventually (not sure if Best or other vendors would have that).

All in all, it has those flaws and a coupld of cosmetic 'dings'..... but all in all, I'm glad to have found one.  Now just to get it working in tip top shape again.

• 6 months later...

I found a 820 in my Father's stuff.  We did computers together when I was a teen.  I'm struggling with if I should refurbish it and sell it or sell it as is.  I just got 4 New Ribbons for it.  If you still need help let me know.

Thank you