IGNORED

Force Command - User's Sample Scripts/Menus/Support Programs

Omega-TI

I did not think Matt's thread in the development area was the proper place to post this, so I'm putting it here.  Anyway, as many of us start adopting Force Command, it occurred to me that seeing the homemade scripts of others could be a valuable learning tool or even useful to copy for use.  So, if any of you have made some menus or scripts, please post them here.  I'm sure others would love to peruse your work.

Also I'll be adding some third-party support programs that integrate well too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed that when I try to exit Fred Kaals EDIT80 program using the X command in Force Command the computer locks up with a lot of static sounds.  This does not happen in 4A/DOS for some reason.  Anyway the attached program called EDITOR fixes the problem.  

Put your EDIT80 program in a sub directory called TIPI.UTILS. and then place the EDITOR program in your TIPI's root directory.  Typing LOAD EDITOR (from the root directory) will load TIPI.UTILS.EDIT80.

EDITOR

• Like 1

4 hours ago, INVISIBLE said:

I've noticed that when I try to exit Fred Kaals EDIT80 program using the X command in Force Command the computer locks up with a lot of static sounds.  This does not happen in 4A/DOS for some reason.  Anyway the attached program called EDITOR fixes the problem.  

Put your EDIT80 program in a sub directory called TIPI.UTILS. and then place the EDITOR program in your TIPI's root directory.  Typing LOAD EDITOR (from the root directory) will load TIPI.UTILS.EDIT80.

EDITOR 1.38 kB · 1 download

Is there a significance to having to place the EDITOR file in TIPI.UTILS. ?  Which problem does it fix? the noise and lockup? How so? Does it reboot the computer when EDIT80 is exited?  Where does EDITOR come from? Is it a general tool for running EDIT1 and compatible editors meant to be loaded by EA or TI-Writer? 

Very few TI Program Image machine code programs 'exit' to their calling environment, so Force Command currently expects any program that is launched with LOAD to be exited with a reset button, FCTN=, or some sort of BLWP @>0000 --- Actually this should be considered a bug... I should add the BLWP @>0000 instruction right after the BL into the loaded program. That would solve this... unless there is more that EDITOR provides.

The reason to place the EDIT80 program in TIPI.UTILS is because that is the path that I sector edited into the loader I named EDITOR, no other reason.  I prefer to have my loaders in the TIPI root directory for simplicity and because I don't like typing long path names.  I also have one named WEB for Stuart's Internet browser and another called TELCOM for the TELNET program.  I might upload these tomorrow. 

The loader program was from Tursi.  It allowed me to run some programs in the past that 4A/DOS did not like to load.  It basically "clears out some stuff" (I don't know what) and then loads the target program.  I've found it VERY useful.  When I had this glitch with EDIT80, I suspected Tursi's loader would fix the problem... and it did!  :)  So yes, no more static lockup.

• Like 1

If it came from me, that's probably the scratchpad loader - it has no support at all for the program returning, though - there wasn't enough memory! ;)

The reason it works on some programs and not others is because it runs entirely from scratchpad (after some initial setup), so no matter where the target program loads TO, it never overwrites the loader.

• Like 3

My loader is in ROM, but if the program returns, it will most likely have clobbered my gcc stack... Sounds like something I can fix... 

Force Command software is in active development. Slow maybe, but active, so if you have to do unnatural things like this, please report it as a bug.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

If you create a DV80 file and put a line like: LOAD TIPI.FREDKAAL.EDITORS.EDIT80

Save that file to TIPI.ED

You can do CALL TIPI.ED, or if you are already in TIPI., just CALL ED

That's pretty slick, you think of everything!  I'll check that out and see if it works with some of the larger programs as well.  Thanks.  I like staying within the Force Command environment as much as possible.

14 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

If you can list programs that don't load that would be useful... I am able to reproduce the problem with EDIT80... I'll have to get that under a debugger to see what it is presuming. 

The program I recently got from you is one as well.  It goes back to the DOS screen after aborted load attempts, but works fine with the scratchpad loader.  I'll try to make a list up for you in a week or two, but right now I'm seriously behind on my projects and I have to do filming for a video on Wednesday, so hopefully after the edits, and other post processing items finally get the thing uploaded by Saturday.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:42 PM, INVISIBLE said:

I did not think Matt's thread in the development area was the proper place to post this, so I'm putting it here.  Anyway, as many of us start adopting Force Command, it occurred to me that seeing the homemade scripts of others could be a valuable learning tool or even useful to copy for use.  So, if any of you have made some menus or scripts, please post them here.  I'm sure others would love to peruse your work.

Also I'll be adding some third-party support programs that integrate well too.

OK, here is my first attempt.  I am early in my understanding of the Force Command scripting/batch commands.  

My menu's contents selector is not in alphabetical order as I am still playing with this (and don't know how to cut and paste) in EDIT40.

See the imbedded notes for some explanations of why I used the command that I did.

jedimatt's notes describe the commands that I used.

I plan on initially copying this AUTOCMD to each drive for directory and customize if for program launching suitable for the loaded drive.

Nano DSK #1 may be used to catalog and mount and launch other disks.

The Nano is a great device.  However,  It is difficult to keep an current catalog of the cf card. 

(I miss "thumbing through" those wonderful 5 1/4 diskettes in the old days with their tiny labels with disk contents! ) ?

There is a screenshot of this script's output on the Force Command post/pages.

Contents:  
AUTOCMD
-----------
cls
width 40
ver
tipibeeps
echo Menu
echo ==========================
echo E -- Load Edit40
echo X -- TI Extended BASIC
echo D -- Directory DSK1-3
echo H -- HELP!
echo M -- Cf2k - NanoPEB
echo R -- Restart FORCECMD
echo Q -- Quit
echo ==========================
INPUT:
readkey K
echo /n You selected:
echo $(K)
if $(K) == E then goto Edit40
if $(K) == D then goto RDDRV
if $(K) == H then help
if $(K) == X then goto fg99 TIXB_G
if $(K) == M then goto fg99 CF2K2
if $(K) == Q then goto END
if $(K) == E then goto EXIT
goto INPUT

EDIT40:
CALL EDIT

END:
CLS
WIDTH 40
(end of listing)

Notes: 
The current version of FC (v0.G) scrambled my display using CLS on

my TI computer (no F18 mod -- still waiting to get one ;-).

Following the "CLS" with a "width 40" restored the display.

Launching the EDIT40 program within the AUTOCMD script would
just return to the menu. However CALL'ing a separate script EDIT worked

on this version.

Changing the finalgrom99 cartridge is really neat. Be aware
that the cartridge call in case-sensitive. I plan on using my root 

directory on my finalgrom99 to hold my most used languages and utilities.

(same as Invisible).

Contents:
EDIT
-----------
LOAD EDIT40
EXIT
(end of listing)

Notes:
EXIT may not be the best way to end.  I may want to see
if this returns to AUTOCMD or do a CALL AUTOCMD in the
future?

Contents:
RDDRV
-----------

echo Show ALL Drives
echo ======================
echo -
DIR DSK1.
echo Press Any Key:
READKEY K
DIR DSK2.
echo Press Any Key:
READKEY K
DIR DSK3.
echo Press Any Key:
READKEY K
EXIT
(end of listing)

Notes:  
I am using a NanoPEB.  I wanted to get a listing of what is 
on the current mounted drives.
I execute the CF2K2 (finalgrom99) to mount different drives.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Next posted Batch/Script file: 

(There are a lot of different ways to do do this, including mapping a TIPI directory with a pre-existing 'LOAD' .

For single BASIC programs this is very useful automated process. )

This script works with my current directory structures.  Type 'call SSAV' (in my case) to run it.

echo 'SSAV' batch                              
echo STARTING THE SCREEN SAVER!         
echo COPYING SSAVE TO TIPI.TMP          
echo                                        
echo CHANGE to the TMP directory    ! cause every good OS has a 'TMP' directory        
cd TIPI.TMP                             
echo COPYING SSAVER TO TIPI.TMP     ! * 'SSAVER' is a Extended BASIC Screen Saver program
copy TIPI.UTIL.SSAVER TIPI.TMP      ! I wrote using the PI.CLOCK.  The file is located in 'TIPI.UTIL'.

echo DELETING THE EXISTING LOAD     ! If exists XBASIC 'LOAD' then delete it.         
delete LOAD                         ! copy will not copy over an existing program    
rename SSAVER LOAD                  ! Changes the name of copied file to 'LOAD'                     

tipimap DSK1 TIPI.TMP               ! Maps the 'TIPI.TMP' to 'DSK1'              
fg99 SXBG                           ! launches a version of Extended BASIC on FinalGrom99  

* You can use the copy command to copy a single file or entire directory if you need to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my case use 'call SSAV' to run the script. 2 keystrokes and the program starts.

Image of SSAVER (attached).  Colors change and Time moves around....    

SSAVER.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...