IGNORED

Atari Freezer 2011 Declare Interest Thread

santosp

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:idea:

I don't remember who from the interested members asked me about this in the past within personal message, but now is here.

I hope this to help this member to use his Freezer device.

It will must cut part of the edge of XE adapter, using for example a Dremel tool. After, it must manage a 8 pin IDC connector using ribbon cable, and plug it in the specific slot of the Freezer XE adapter.
-This specific slot designed only in this version of Turbo Freezer 2011 device.-

65XE W_O ECI.png

Edited by santosp
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, santosp said:

-This specific slot designed only in this version of Turbo Freezer 2011 device.-

Thank you.

Is it possible to make a diagram for the 2020 Freezer version?

Also, could it be simpler to follow?, something like the following example (instead of A13, IRQ, RST, ... ????  )

1969696939_Connectionexample.png.a984ac125879cda6777330797494337d.png

(just an example of a diagram, not proper connections)

I wonder how you will insert in your Atari the adapter , without to cut the ECI side of the printed circuit board!? I mean is not possible because it will contrary to the plastic shell.

But even if this was possible, by sticking the cables directly to the adapter, it would never allow its removal from the Atari!

The inputs on the new version, is marked  on the adapter right next  in the 10 pin slots, to which  will be stuck the extra male IDC connector.

XE Adapter.png

Edited by santosp

Thank you.

3 hours ago, santosp said:

I wonder how you will insert in your Atari the adapter , without to cut the ECI side of the printed circuit board!? I mean is not possible because it will contrary to the plastic shell.

The full PCB will be inside with internal connections.

But even if this was possible

If with a Syscheck it was possible, I guess there is a chance. Under the keyboard of a 65XE there is a lot of space for this.

it would never allow its removal from the Atari!

Yep. A project for an embedded system.

The inputs on the new version, is marked  on the adapter right next  in the 10 pin slots, to which  will be stuck the extra male IDC connector.

Thanks, just remains the energy to start the "operation destruction" and see if it works

1405245280_Atari65XE.thumb.jpg.289a80097f92ecaefbac6d94264e5b43.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 2:01 PM, santosp said:

An alternative to cutting the Turbo Freezer XE adapter PCB would be to use a cartridge extender board, an SDX or RT8 cartridge.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...