IGNORED

Using the XC-12 as an audio cassette player

I just picked a load of my old atari gear up from storage. I also picked up a load of old audio cassettes. No longer having a Walkman or cassette deck I was wondering how I could play them through the atari. Wasn't there some poke or command to do so obviously cload will cancel out with an error. 

It's been too long. Can't remember help please. 

Edited by cgfatari79

On 6/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, Stephen said:

What tapes do you have?  Would you be interested in selling them?

Well they're mostly old personal recordings of some friends bands I used to hang with way back. But also some old Xfm  (UK alternative radio station) recordings when the radio station was actually cool in its infancy. Which I will probably have to convert to digital at some point. I haven't sorted through them just yet but I expect mostly heavy metal music. 

Also I have a fair collection of atari games on cassette. 

Edited by cgfatari79

8 minutes ago, cgfatari79 said:

Well they're mostly old personal recordings of some friends bands I used to hang with way back. But also some old Xfm  (UK alternative radio station) recordings when the radio station was actually cool in its infancy. Which I will probably have to convert to digital at some point. I haven't sorted through them just yet but I expect mostly heavy metal music. 

Also I have a fair collection of atari games on cassette. 

OK - no worries.  I just repaired my 1st 3-head cassette deck and while I have all of my old tapes, like a dumb shit I threw away all the pre-recorded ones when I moved to this house 5 years ago thinking "I'll never listen to those again".

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

OK - no worries.  I just repaired my 1st 3-head cassette deck and while I have all of my old tapes, like a dumb shit I threw away all the pre-recorded ones when I moved to this house 5 years ago thinking "I'll never listen to those again".

What tapes are you missing? 

1 hour ago, cgfatari79 said:

What tapes are you missing? 

Oh man - I can't remember all of them, but it was a large collection.  Basically everything my dad collected post vinyl and before we went CD.  I'm certainly not going to try to recreate the collection, I'm just mad I don't still have them.  I normally don't throw away much and this is why.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

I kept all my LPs and cassettes.  I have a Walkman, I listen to them at work to drown out the talking heads.  People give me all sorts of gruff about my 'old tech'.  If they only knew.  PS.  Still have 8-tracks as well. 

Oh yeah - I kept all mu albums and have never stopped collecting.  I'm up to almost 390 titles now, with quite a few being double albums.

• Like 1