IGNORED

how can i play Pac-Man straight from a PCB on a tv?

memelord

• 1 month later...

You could use an aftermarket monitor that supports CGA, such as this, but in most cases these monitors will be as expensive as a supergun. In my mind, save your money for the super gun. More flexibility with monitors, more flexibility with controls.

Or you could use a CGA to VGA adapter, and use a VGA monitor. But youll have to figure out a wiring harness yourself.

Edited by BDW

5 hours ago, ChildOfCv said:

The PacMan PCB outputs analog RGB in a 3:3:2 resolution, using resistors from the 7603.  So it's already VGA compatible.  It also has a composite sync output.  Something like an OSSC ought to be able to show that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the composite sync coming from the board 15khz? So to be VGA compatible he'd need a something to change the sync rate to 31khz?

The OSSC accepts both 15khz RGB and 31khz VGA, so that could definitely work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BDW said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the composite sync coming from the board 15khz? So to be VGA compatible he'd need a something to change the sync rate to 31khz?

The OSSC accepts both 15khz RGB and 31khz VGA, so that could definitely work.

I don't know what its refresh rate is, but CGA is 3 TTL colors and 1 TTL brightness.  So the analog output of the PM board would not be compatible.