IGNORED

Venezuelan Horde

sylabyss

Has anyone ever tried to make a list of the Games found in the Caracas warehouse ?

Back in 2006 i was trying to buy the whole room from a guy named Juan I was buying 100's motorodeo and ikari warriors plus others.

I still have the pictures he sent of the Room in 2006 .

There also turned out to be huge amount of software for computers too mostly Apple II, Atari 800 and Commodore stuff i ended up buying bunch from another guy in 2011.

I know there were at least 93 titles available for the 2600 and about 21 for 5200 . Also Colecovision and Intellivision

I think it would help with applying rarity to a few carts obviously Motorodeo and Ikari .

Horde.jpg

Imagen001(1).jpg

11 minutes ago, Supergun said:

I still think hundreds of cib copies of 2600 NTSC Fatal Run and 2600 NTSC Klax will eventually turn up down there.

I'm hoping for red labeled BMX Air Master myself. I don't believe Fatal Run or Klax in NTSC format ever made it into production. As far as the games in SA, there are also a glut of Genesis and NES titles. The NES titles where the cause of the seizure in the first place as Nintendo dropped the hammer on the pirates down there. I guess the court just seized everything. That room you have pictured there is just the tip of the iceberg. I've seen forklift pallets upon forklift pallets of Ikari, Motorodeo, Xenophobe and others. All those 2600 titles are R1 maybe R2 at best just cause you have to wait for them to be shipped. Aside from that, the actual rarity is nil as you can get them any day of the week NOS for $10 and less. That was just the 2600 stuff. 5200 stuff in very large amounts I've seen Gremlins, Ballblazer & ROF you couldn't burn enough of them to restore a R3 status to any of them.

• Like 1

I agree with most of what you said there, but I feel your exaggerating just a little bit. Yes, Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors ended up being far more common then anyone initially thought, but not R1 or even R2. They aren’t Combats and Pac-Mans.

I would certainly need to see more photos for better clarity. I mean, the 2 photos above are hardly conclusive. The first one is at a distance and out of focus, and the second one is of T16 games.

And none of the sources down there who have been selling these items over the years have ever given full disclosure; and likely never will. It’s in there best interest to keep it vague as to how much they really have and of what.

And don’t forget about the social and political atmosphere down there. Items that are “trapped” in that kind of an unstable environment are always at the brink of extinction. On any given day, someone could just seize them all and destroy them.

8 hours ago, Supergun said:

I agree with most of what you said there, but I feel your exaggerating just a little bit. Yes, Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors ended up being far more common then anyone initially thought, but not R1 or even R2. They aren’t Combats and Pac-Mans.

I would certainly need to see more photos for better clarity. I mean, the 2 photos above are hardly conclusive. The first one is at a distance and out of focus, and the second one is of T16 games.

And none of the sources down there who have been selling these items over the years have ever given full disclosure; and likely never will. It’s in there best interest to keep it vague as to how much they really have and of what.

And don’t forget about the social and political atmosphere down there. Items that are “trapped” in that kind of an unstable environment are always at the brink of extinction. On any given day, someone could just seize them all and destroy them.

I've posted pictures of hundreds of 72 count boxes of them on pallets in the past (72 games in each, probably x10 on each pallet). I'm sure google will show the same pics or others of the massive piles I was given that where taken in a proper warehouse. There is more than one stash of these too.

21 hours ago, sylabyss said:

Has anyone ever tried to make a list of the Games found in the Caracas warehouse ?

A couple of years ago I made a list for the 2600/5200 games being sold from Venezuela. I don't claim it to be necessarily complete, and additions/corrections are welcome. There's also more that could be done in the way of adding details (e.g. which Activision games are blue label carts, if any; which Atari carts are Atari Corp carts, which ones tend to be crushed and/or have other damage, etc.).

I've copy/pasted a screenshot here for convenience.

venezuela.thumb.PNG.2d32ee2f96c192c34643df44fea4f599.PNG

• Like 2

Ok thats a start. These are the Actual pictures of games available to me in 2011 Just the Atari and Turbgfx not including Coleco, Intellivision,Nintendo or computers .

This is from the main find and i think its probably close to what titles were found and available in mass quantities of over 100 to 200 each except some titles that were 20 copies or less.

I was set up too buy a huge lot for alot of Money but became suspicious after my initial buy of a couple thousand dollars .

Screenshot_2020-05-31 Atari 2600 Game List - Brand New Factory Sealed Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-31 Atari 5200 Game List Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-31 Turbografx-16 Game List Facebook(1).png

Edited by sylabyss

Also the thought about multiple stashes . As i understood these were all in a Giant Warehouse and multiple parties bought Sections from the main Pile.

2006 was first contact for me from the original Stash . Some titles were probably in multiple thousands or more. That's why there still selling on Ebay 14 years later Venezuela

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 10:17 PM, sylabyss said:

Also the thought about multiple stashes . As i understood these were all in a Giant Warehouse and multiple parties bought Sections from the main Pile.

2006 was first contact for me from the original Stash . Some titles were probably in multiple thousands or more. That's why there still selling on Ebay 14 years later Venezuela

Agreed. I think most of the 2600 titles where to be had in the multiple thousands. Same for some of the 5200 titles. I have no clue about any real numbers to go with the TG16,Coleco, NES or Genesis games or how many of each where available. You don't see much from the TG16, NES or Genesis from that find listed on a regular basis compared to the 2600\5200 titles. I've seen some legit colecovision games but I've seen many more of the Cooper Black pirate carts.

On 6/4/2020 at 7:20 AM, Evanlor said:

Can these only be found on eBay?

i have only seen them on ebay... both direct and resellers all over the place..

theres a very nice chap here-> https://www.ebay.com/usr/babel_vintage

however the lockdown and challenges with flights from Venzuela make shipping a big big big challenge... not to mention customs etc

Edited by Carlos Fandango Jr

On 6/10/2020 at 12:43 PM, Carlos Fandango Jr said:

i have only seen them on ebay... both direct and resellers all over the place..

theres a very nice chap here-> https://www.ebay.com/usr/babel_vintage

however the lockdown and challenges with flights from Venzuela make shipping a big big big challenge... not to mention customs etc

Thank you for letting me know and for the link!

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2020 at 11:27 PM, Shawn said:

I'm hoping for red labeled BMX Air Master myself. I don't believe Fatal Run or Klax in NTSC format ever made it into production. As far as the games in SA, there are also a glut of Genesis and NES titles. The NES titles where the cause of the seizure in the first place as Nintendo dropped the hammer on the pirates down there. I guess the court just seized everything. That room you have pictured there is just the tip of the iceberg. I've seen forklift pallets upon forklift pallets of Ikari, Motorodeo, Xenophobe and others. All those 2600 titles are R1 maybe R2 at best just cause you have to wait for them to be shipped. Aside from that, the actual rarity is nil as you can get them any day of the week NOS for $10 and less. That was just the 2600 stuff. 5200 stuff in very large amounts I've seen Gremlins, Ballblazer & ROF you couldn't burn enough of them to restore a R3 status to any of them.

Sorry, not a single one Red Bmx, very few original Nes and Genesis, but a lot of bootlegs for those.

The legal battle with nintendo was for the Use of "Nintendo Ca de Venezuela" court seized only few games displayed in stores, never went to warehouses.

there was not large quantities of 5200, and some titles more than others.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone. I wanted to bump a little older post about these games and put a few more eyes on some research I have done to make sure its correct. I did my best to add to a few more titles that have been found and the exact variant for the games found was my main point in this update. Please let me know if you have a revision or update to add.  Planet Patrol was  a question. Maybe only a small amount found?

Atari 2600 

Adventures of Tron-  White Stripes, Made in Singapore 

Air Raiders-  White Stripes, Made in Singapore 

Asteroids- Glue Hang-tab Flap 1981 Printed in USA 

Astroblast- Silver Stripes 

Basketball- {Gray Box}- 1988 Atari Corp Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Battlezone- 1987 Atari Corp, Full Art, Notch Lid, Made in Taiwan and/or Red Stripe, Locking Notch Lid, Multi Language Box Back 

BMX Airmaster {TNT}- Red Box , Notch Lid 

Breakout {international}- Orange Box, Standard Flip Lid, Multi Language Back, 1987 Atari Corp. Printed in Hong Kong 

California Games- Standard box 

Carnival-  Coleco Standard Art without Duck 

Centipede- 1988 Atari Corp Silver Box, Multi Language Back,  

Circus Atari -- Purple , Multi Language Back, 1986 Atari Corp.  Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Commando- Activision Green Box, Notch Flap 

Cosmic Ark- Standard Silver Slide tray with “New” Banner, Picture Label, Rev -A 

Crystal Castles- Silver Box, 1988 Atari Corp, Printed & Made in Hong Kong 

Dark Chambers- Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Defender 2Red Box , 1988 Atari Corp., Printed and made in Hong Kong 

Demon Attack- Without “New” Banner, Rev C, Printed in USA 

Desert Falcon- 1988 Atari Corp. Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Made in Hong Kong 

Dig Dug- Silver Box, 1988 Atari Corp, Printed in Hong Kong 

Donkey Kong-  1988 Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Made & Printed Hong Kong         

ET- No Shrink wrap Silver Box, Glue Hang-tab Flap, 1982 

Football {Realsports Soccer}- Not Sure what version 

Galaxian -1987 Silver Box, Red Stripe, Atari Corp 

Gravitar- 1988 Atari Corp Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Printed in Hong Kong 

Ice Hockey- 1981 Dark Blue Box, UPC Bottom Flap, Printed in USA 

Ikari Warriors- Red box, Notch Lid, Printed in Hong Kong, Made in China 

Joust-  1983 Silver Box, Full Art, Locking Notch Lid 

Jr Pac-man-  1988 Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Kangaroo- 1988 Silver Box Red Stripe, Multi Language Box Back, Standard Flip Lid 

Kung Fu Master- 1987 Black Box, Notch Lid 

Lock N Chase-  Telegames USA, Silver Stripes, Notch Flap  

Mario Bros. - 1988 Silver Box, Red Stripe, Standard Flip Lid, Made in Hong Kong 

Midnight Magic- 1988 Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Printed & Made in Hong Kong 

Millipede- 1987 Atari Corp. Silver Box, Full Art, Standard Flip Lid 

Missile Command- {International},- Multi Language Back, 1987 Atari Corp, Printed in Taiwan 

Moon Patrol- 1987 Silver Box, Red Stripe,  Notch Lid, Multi Language Box Back 

Motorodeo- Red Box, 1990 Atari Corp, Printed in Hong Kong, Made in China 

Mouse Trap- Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, 1988 Atari Corp. Printed in Hong Kong 

Ms Pac Man- Silver Box, Multi language Back, 1988 Atari Corp, Made in Hong Kong 

Off the Wall- 1989 Red Box, Notch Lid, Printed in Hong Kong, Made In China 

Pete Rose Baseball- 1989 Green Box, Notch lid 

Phoenix- 1982 Siler Box, Notch lid, Made in USA 

Pole Position- 1987 Silver Box, Full Art, Notch Lid, Printed in Hong Kong/ Made in China 

Radar Lock-  1989 Red Box, Notch Lid, Made in China 

Raiders of the Lost Ark- 1982 SIlver Box, No Shrink-wrap, Glue Hang-tab Flap, Made in USA 

Realsports Baseball- 1988 Atari Corp., Silver Box, Flip Lid Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Realsports Boxing-1987 Atari Corp, Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Printed in Hong Kong 

Realsports Tennis- 1987 Atari Corp, Silver Box, Standard Flip Lid, Made in Hong Kong 

Realsports Volleyball- {Gray Box} - 1988 Atari Corp,Standard Flip Lid, Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

River Raid- UPC bottom Flap- Late Release, will have Blue text label cart inside 

Road Runner- 1989 Red Box, Notch Lid, “New” Front lower corner, Printed in Hong Kong/Made in China 

Robot Tank- Late Release "Not for Use 7800" Sticker , Notch Lid, Printed in USA,  

Secret Quest- 1989 Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Skateboarding – 1987 White Box, Standard Flip Lid, "Distributed by Activision" Sticker 

Skiing- Activision Late Release, UPC Bottom Flap, Printed in USA, Blue Text Label cart inside 

Solaris- Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Printed in Hong Kong 

Space Attack-  1982, Silver Stripes 

Space Invaders- Red Box 1988 Atari Corp, Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Spider Fighter- Activision, Notch lid 

Spider-Man- 1982, two-piece box 

Sprintmaster- Red Box Standard Flip Lid, Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Star Raiders- Big Box International edition printing 

Summer Games— 1984, Standard Black  Box, Taller than most Atari Game 

Super Baseball- Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, Made & Printed in Hong Kong 

Super Breakout- 1987 Atari Corp., Orange Box, Flip Lid, Multi Language Back, Printed in Hong Kong 

Super Challenge Baseball- not sure what one 

Title Match Pro Wrestling- 1987, Black Box, Notch lid 

Tron Joystick, Bulk Packing just the controllers  

Tron Deadly Discs- White Stripes, Made in Singapore 

Vanguard- 1988, Silver Box, Red Stripe, Multi language Back, Standard Flip Lid 

Venture- Red Box, Standard Flip Lid, 1988 Atari Corp, Printed & Made in Hong Kong 

Xenophobe- 1988 Red Box, Notch Lid, Printed in Hong Kong/Made in China 

Yars Revenge-1981, Orange, Glue Hang-tab Flap, Printed in USA, Comic Book inside 

Are we sure of Planet Patrol being on this list?

• Like 1