IGNORED

What DOSes and final versions shipped with SWP's ATR8000 during its run?

a8isa1

This is the final MyDOS disk I have for my ATR8000.  I don't even recall how I obtained the disk seeing I acquired the unit second-hand in 1983/1984 which is earlier than the 1985 date indicated on the disk. I'm curious if there were versions later than the 3.014/3.19 builder disk.

IMG_20200531_221608.thumb.jpg.55ef79bd3e04abf8d143184d1cd2f3f9.jpg

I seem to recall before MyDOS began shipping with ATR8000's that OS/A+ was the DOS of choice but I'm not sure.

Were there ever other DOSes included with or made available specifically for the ATR8000?  If so, what were the final version numbers?

Thanks.

-SteveS

I don't remember if they supplied Double-Sided Double or single density disks from SWP anymore... so both sides isn't a reach, not only but also because while some disks were booted in the Atari Drives, some were booted in the SWP attached drives, and some SWP attached drives had index hole sensor added or even included by either a hacker or manufacturer. If you look at some of the drives of the day, you may see some with the holes already there but UN-occupied like you see on the standard missing index hole on there Atari SIO based drives.

You can do a search (at least 10 years back you could) and find how to add index hole circuitry sensors and even index fakers. YMMV

Edited by _The Doctor__

6 hours ago, a8isa1 said:

Mathy has it and perhaps 4 or so earlier versions on his mydos page. I  sent them to him 10+ years ago.

Www.mathyvannisselroy.nl

Is there a way on windows to un-ARC these files? I have tried some programs that say they can but report the file is bad.