IGNORED

Another world Purchase Rom ?

mad steve

I don't know about Another World ever having a ROM available for purchase, but I do believe a future run of the game has been discussed before. In general, you'll probably have to wait a little bit for news regarding the ability to purchase ROMs of homebrews to use on the Game Drive.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
50 minutes ago, CrazyChris said:

Looks like there is an Atari ST version...

No the Jaguar version is better.

Look here for a comparison of the backgrounds between the Amiga, Jaguar, and 3DO version. They were all re-worked for the Jaguar, more colorful than the Amiga version, and more true to the original than the 3DO version.

https://fabiensanglard.net/another_world_polygons_Jaguar/index.html

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phoboz said:

No the Jaguar version is better.

Look here for a comparison of the backgrounds between the Amiga, Jaguar, and 3DO version. They were all re-worked for the Jaguar, more colorful than the Amiga version, and more true to the original than the 3DO version.

https://fabiensanglard.net/another_world_polygons_Jaguar/index.html

What also helps the Jaguar version is that it's based on the excellent 20th anniversary edition.

Edited by KidGameR186496
Fixed error

Selling roms coded to individuals have worked well in the Intellivision community for quite a while. 

Honestly don't mind the $5 - $25 price tag for a rom for the Game Drive over the $50 - $80 price tag for the cost making a cartridge.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

Saw that there was a new run of the physical carts and thought this might be a timely subject.

Was there ever any talk about adding a rom only option for purchase?  I would love to have this release on my Game Drive instead of a physical cart.

Indeed, the RGC association only publishes and distributes the game on Jaguar. Sébastien Briais working on the adaptation of the game courtesy of Eric Chahi. The only person who can answer on a possible distribution of the ROM is Sébastien Briais. I doubt that is doable.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2022 at 10:10 PM, melrocks said:

I would like a rom also as a companion for the GameDrive I just bought. Im already in for a physical copy through the group buy, but this would let me keep my actual cart unused.

What is a game good for if it sits unused in a box?

Hoping for 100$ value increase in the next 3 years?

Come on guys ... it's just a game. The box in unsealed anyway. Use your cart, enjoy the game.

For playing the ROM, simply use the Genesis, SNES, MS-DOS, Amiga version ...

• Thanks 1

Hi evisu, I am a collector. I buy games to look pretty on my shelves, and flash carts to play them. I only sell games that do not meet my requirements...I keep nearly everything. I have been on a binge attempting to acquire a full collection of brand new sealed retail jag games, and also aftermarket ones. This title is my next step in that goal. 

The Jaguar version is significantly superior to other 16-bit (25 year anniversary) versions.
Moreover, compared to the ST and Amiga versions, the game is longer. Eric CHAHI had added a step when the game was released on console.

I also collect Jaguar games. And it's a bit like books or boxes of DVDs on a shelf. It's beautiful to see and from time to time you use it

On 2/7/2022 at 9:33 PM, melrocks said:

Hi evisu, I am a collector. I buy games to look pretty on my shelves, and flash carts to play them. I only sell games that do not meet my requirements...I keep nearly everything. I have been on a binge attempting to acquire a full collection of brand new sealed retail jag games, and also aftermarket ones. This title is my next step in that goal. 

Buy 2 copies ... one unsealed to look at and one unsealed to play with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

For anyone on the fence; this one is well worth owning to play or to collect or both.  It's a great game well worth the $80. 

I mean, or one could save $70 and just pick up the Anniversary edition available on any modern platform in the last decade.

But yeah, it's a cool game either way.