IGNORED

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics

Agamon

How would Battleship even work for local multiplayer? You'd have to have the person who isn't configuring their ships go hide in a different room or something. Not really a problem online or on the DS, but it is for the Switch in local multiplayer mode. Actually, I'm not sure how that works for the card games that are included, now that I think about it...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

How would Battleship even work for local multiplayer? You'd have to have the person who isn't configuring their ships go hide in a different room or something. Not really a problem online or on the DS, but it is for the Switch in local multiplayer mode. Actually, I'm not sure how that works for the card games that are included, now that I think about it...

That's precisely why there's a free app to play with other Switch owners....

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

That's precisely why there's a free app to play with other Switch owners....

Oh, oops. I don't have a smart phone, so I guess that's not an option for me. I suppose if I played it with someone who does, though, I could just make them download it. I guess you'd play in handheld mode, then, instead of docked, with the other person using their phone, which didn't really occur to me until just now.

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Oh, oops. I don't have a smart phone, so I guess that's not an option for me. I suppose if I played it with someone who does, though, I could just make them download it. I guess you'd play in handheld mode, then, instead of docked, with the other person using their phone, which didn't really occur to me until just now.

Uh... no, it's a free Switch app. ?

4 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Uh... no, it's a free Switch app. ?

Lol okay, so you still need two systems. Interesting. I'm guessing that it's the demo that was released a while ago and I'm just super ignorant. I deleted it a while ago, though, so this doesn't really surprise me since I thought it was just a demo. I don't normally pay attention to these sorts of things. Maybe I should!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

there was a patch for the game that fixed some stuff including raising the counter for 'games played' from 99 to 999. lol

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/clubhouse_games_51_worldwide_classics_version_1_1_2_is_now_available_here_are_the_full_patch_notes

i'm happy with the games that are on there, but it sure would be nice to get some different card styles to play with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I agree even though I haven't even tried all of them yet... I have yet to beat Metro: Last Light, then I'll be able to return to Clubhouse Games, play Paper Mario (which is quite long apparently) and maybe try Samurai Shodown - if there are no other releases until then... ?

I'm about 3/5 of the way through Paper Mario and I think I've sunk about twenty hours or so.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:46 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

This game is still #2 in the Japanese eshop. It's also #7 on Amazon Japan's Switch top selling list and #14 in the entire video game category. I'd say it's doing quite well!

It is a game that almost anyone can get some enjoyment and play out of.  If I had a Switch, I would get this immediately.

4 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

It is a game that almost anyone can get some enjoyment and play out of.  If I had a Switch, I would get this immediately.

Yeah, it's currently #13 on the US eshop. Looks like it's only available on Amazon USA through third-party sellers, though, so Amazon USA sold their entire stock of it. That's pretty damn excellent. Funny that people over on GameFAQs and what have you were saying it was going to fail!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, it's currently #13 on the US eshop. Looks like it's only available on Amazon USA through third-party sellers, though, so Amazon USA sold their entire stock of it. That's pretty damn excellent. Funny that people over on GameFAQs and what have you were saying it was going to fail!

I would say that is pretty stout as well.  I don't know why people said it would fail, as it has a really broad appeal to a lot of people.  I can tell you that if I had it I would be learning Shogi and trying to get better at Go.