IGNORED

Lynx High Score Club 2020 Round 2 - Pinball Jam - Elvira and The Party Monsters

roadrunner

It's been awhile since Pinball Jam was last played in this high score club

Deadline to post scores is July 1st 2020 at 12PM EST

Table - (Elvira and The Party Monsters)

settings - easy or hard - your choice

Lynx high score club record is EricDeLee (35,802,000)

Bust it for a bonus point

Busted!
New record 
doctor_shred 38,383,000

Final high scores -

doctor_shred 38,383,000 +11 points + 3 points for winning round +1 point for breaking record
ilmapo81 11,325,000 +10 points
roadrunner 4,473,000 +9 points
Rick Dangerous 3,369,000 +8 points
jeremiahjt 3,258,000 +7 points
jblenkle 1,519,000 +6 points

Current season point standings 

doctor_shred 15 points
ilmapo81 10 points
roadrunner 9 points
Rick Dangerous 8 points
jblenkle 7 points

b-Pinball-Jam-front.jpg

Link to manual scan 

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=1908  

GAME DETAIL
Platform: Lynx
Genre: Action » Pinball
Publisher: Atari Corporation
Release: 1992

Any corrections please post

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 8:38 AM, jeremiahjt said:

If you ever record a high score play through I would like to see it.

I'm sure there are guides out there but this is what I've learned about the scoring during this HSC round:

- First step is to increase to bonus multiplier by lighting the "shields" in the top right as the ball comes into play.  You can cycle through them with the flippers.  This maxes out at 5.  some things are only activated once the multiplier is at least 2.

- Lighting the "JAM" letters in the center of the table enables the "Boogie Bonus" to be increased each time a ball hits a jumper.  The boogie hole is at the top of the table in the center.

- Lighting the "PIZZA" lights on the right activates the "PIZZA PASSAGE" where the ball enters play.  This starts at 25,000 and increases each time you re-light them. 

- Lighting the "Dead Heads" on the lower left of the table three times enables a big bonus (10,000,000) by hitting the boogie bonus hole once activated.

- The left hand ramp scores 200,000, 400,000, 600,000, 800,000 then 1,000,000 plus lights an "ELVIRA" letter each time.  Once all letters are lit there's a 3,000,000 bonus for hitting the skull passage.

- The right hand ramp scores 25,000, 50,000, 75,000, 100,000 then an extra ball before resetting.

- Hit the skull passage on the far top left to lock the first ball.  Hit it again for multi-ball.

- When in multi-ball if both balls are on the ramps at the same time you score a 4,000,000 jackpot.

- There are two lights in the upper center of the table between the left ramp and the boogie bonus.  Lighting both of these adds extra bonuses to the boogie bonus hole.  The best of which is 3 extra balls.  These are a pain to hit and when you do the ball often travels right back down the center of the table and out of play making it a risky target.

Of course, trying to hit any of these targets reliably is a different matter!

A great game all the same.     

• Like 2

18 hours ago, doctor_shred said:

I'm sure there are guides out there but this is what I've learned about the scoring during this HSC round:

- First step is to increase to bonus multiplier by lighting the "shields" in the top right as the ball comes into play.  You can cycle through them with the flippers.  This maxes out at 5.  some things are only activated once the multiplier is at least 2.

- Lighting the "JAM" letters in the center of the table enables the "Boogie Bonus" to be increased each time a ball hits a jumper.  The boogie hole is at the top of the table in the center.

- Lighting the "PIZZA" lights on the right activates the "PIZZA PASSAGE" where the ball enters play.  This starts at 25,000 and increases each time you re-light them. 

- Lighting the "Dead Heads" on the lower left of the table three times enables a big bonus (10,000,000) by hitting the boogie bonus hole once activated.

- The left hand ramp scores 200,000, 400,000, 600,000, 800,000 then 1,000,000 plus lights an "ELVIRA" letter each time.  Once all letters are lit there's a 3,000,000 bonus for hitting the skull passage.

- The right hand ramp scores 25,000, 50,000, 75,000, 100,000 then an extra ball before resetting.

- Hit the skull passage on the far top left to lock the first ball.  Hit it again for multi-ball.

- When in multi-ball if both balls are on the ramps at the same time you score a 4,000,000 jackpot.

- There are two lights in the upper center of the table between the left ramp and the boogie bonus.  Lighting both of these adds extra bonuses to the boogie bonus hole.  The best of which is 3 extra balls.  These are a pain to hit and when you do the ball often travels right back down the center of the table and out of play making it a risky target.

Of course, trying to hit any of these targets reliably is a different matter!

A great game all the same.     

Thanks for the guide, now for a few questions.

1. What is a jumper?

2. Is the "Dead Heads" the thing with 4 targets are the left?  Each time you light all 4 targets it counts as one "Dead Head" right?

3. How do you light the other two lights by the boogie bonus?  I lit one of them once, but I do not remember how.

7 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

3,369,000  (Easy mode, on an umodded Lynx I) 

We should play another map of Shanghai this round.  That is seriously the best game to play in bed before going to sleep! 

IMG_20200701_090553.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. We played Shanghai a year ago. We'll play it again in August. 
Any suggestion for the map to play?
Thanks

16 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Thanks for the guide, now for a few questions.

1. What is a jumper?

2. Is the "Dead Heads" the thing with 4 targets are the left?  Each time you light all 4 targets it counts as one "Dead Head" right?

3. How do you light the other two lights by the boogie bonus?  I lit one of them once, but I do not remember how.

1. Jumpers (I think that's what they're called) are the things the bounce the ball off them in the top right beneath the bonus multiplier shields.

2.  Correct, the four targets on the lower left = 1 dead head.  Once you've lit them all once you get a message and one of the orange bars on the top right of the table turns purple.  Once you've done this 3 times you get a shot at the bonus.

3. To light the 2 targets by the boogie bonus you need a direct hit up the center of the table.  It's tricky and often results in loosing a ball down the middle between the flippers.  Sometimes a deflected ball in multi-ball hits them at an angle.  Lighting both once and hitting the boogie bonus raises the bonus multiplier by 1, I think.  If you light them both twice and hit the boogie bonus you may be offered 3 extra balls but it seem a bit random.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We played Shanghai a year ago. We'll play it again in August. 
Any suggestion for the map to play?
Thanks

Awesome!  We did Dragon last time so maybe Hawk this time around?  Just keep working our way through them? :)