IGNORED

Lock-On 2600

ChrisKewl

2 hours ago, Jinks said:

The imagic ones are pretty tight. The intelivision shell adapter carts fit the best. 

I think I might dremel mine a bit.

Its a a1 serial number  7800. 

Mine is an A1 as well. I don't think I could gather enough courage to Dremel my systems.

16 hours ago, Jinks said:

The imagic ones are pretty tight. The intelivision shell adapter carts fit the best. 

I think I might dremel mine a bit.

Its a a1 serial number  7800. 

Ok that explains it then. A1 and older systems typically have the most compatible cartridge slots. Once you get into A2, A3 and X, you run into more incompatible slots. 

• Like 2

@winz_mod is currently building the units and people have been contacted for payment for the first round. We are waiting for the rest of the units to be built before we contact the last of everyone for this round. Next round of boards have been ordered. Once they arrive we'll open up again for orders. I will also update the main post with this. Thanks!

• Like 2

eBay was good to me today! I received an original issue A1 7800, that included a pinned Expansion Interface AND a later A3 model with the expansion space completely covered up. Both units were VERY tight for stock Atari 2600 games and impossible for 3rd party 2600 games... Without the Lock-On 2600 of course. With the Lock-On 2600 it was a breeze. I call this a winning success. Any time I play 2600 games from now on it'll be with the Lock-On 2600.

If you need a demonstration video, let me know and I'll be glad to showcase them.

• Like 1

I just got a Lock-On cart today from Chris and I was very impressed with it.  I recently picked up a 7800 and games like pitfall would not fit unless I took off the case.  Using this lock-on I don't have anymore issues with 2600 games on my 7800.  Very ingenious solution thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 9:15 PM, ChrisKewl said:

@winz_mod is currently building the units and people have been contacted for payment for the first round. We are waiting for the rest of the units to be built before we contact the last of everyone for this round. Next round of boards have been ordered. Once they arrive we'll open up again for orders. I will also update the main post with this. Thanks!

You have done a really nice job on these. Many years ago I made a couple of them with original atari pcb's and cart glides\shells. I wired all of them by hand. Not something I would jump at doing again. What you are doing here is the way to go with 3d printing and pcb fabrication costs coming down so much over the last 10 to 15 years.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shawn said:

You have done a really nice job on these. Many years ago I made a couple of them with original atari pcb's and cart glides\shells. I wired all of them by hand. Not something I would jump at doing again. What you are doing here is the way to go with 3d printing and pcb fabrication costs coming down so much over the last 10 to 15 years.

Thanks, that really means a lot to me. People were telling me about your small batch from years ago. :) I already cracked the case of my Journey Escape on my 7800 - it was the first game I tried to play on it. Also my favorite 2600 game. I will keep making them as long as people keep wanting them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

I have an A3 as well.  Pitfall, trickshot, and even some 7800 ones like robotron are a tight squeeze.  But if carefully and properly inserted they do fit and work.

I think it all comes down to some revisions are better than others, maybe even some carts are better. It may be an age thing when the plastic swells a bit? This is why I refuse to chance it after cracking the case of one of my games.

7 minutes ago, ChrisKewl said:

I think it all comes down to some revisions are better than others, maybe even some carts are better. It may be an age thing when the plastic swells a bit? This is why I refuse to chance it after cracking the case of one of my games.

Ignore that guy. He's a mess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ginoscope said:

I just got a Lock-On cart today from Chris and I was very impressed with it.  I recently picked up a 7800 and games like pitfall would not fit unless I took off the case.  Using this lock-on I don't have anymore issues with 2600 games on my 7800.  Very ingenious solution thanks again!

I am really glad to hear that, let me know if you notice any issues. :)

• Like 1

Hello All,

I got my Lock-On cart yesterday and I was able to test throughly on my 7800 and I am super pleased with the capabilities. It smoothly went into the system and all 2600 games that I tried clipped on with no issues and worked perfectly. I also tried my harmony cart and that was perfect as well. I highly recommend this to all 7800 owners to pick up one of these when you can. No more forcing games into the system and ripping them out with the 7800 death grip.

Thanks a lot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I received my Lock-On 2600 adapter yesterday. I was sold on it pretty much from the start after watching Chis’ demo videos.

For me the real test would be Taiwan Coopers. I have a bunch of Coopers that I have never been able to test them to see if they work in my Vader or my 7800. I never wanted to try and force them in for fear of jacking up my daily driver consoles just to test a stupid pirated cart.

This thing is truly amazing. I works perfectly with Taiwan Coopers. I tested 3 different odd sized Cooper carts and all three games Locked On and booted up in my 7800. So awesome.

This is another great piece of Homebrew Hardware created for our hobby. Congratulations on this great project. I will definitely use this thing for trouble carts at least until the XM hits the streets.

I am proud to add this to my 2600/7800 hardware arsenal.

4ab1fe05b3b6af062509885b22844115.jpg
3012838d6c784255eb83664df47a5932.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another batch of Lock-On 2600s have been sent out. Don't worry if you were not contacted yet, we have plenty to go around but prefer to make them in small batches for quality control. I am sure we'll get to everyone soon.

For fun here are some pictures of the building process.

MVIMG_20200625_220546[1].jpg

unknown[1].png

MVIMG_20200626_232705[1].jpg

• Like 2