IGNORED

What's in a name?

Omega-TI

To be --- Ω --- or to be INVISIBLE, that is the question.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep the user name INVISIBLE or should I go back to using --- Ω ---

• Go back to being Omega / --- Ω ---
    • Being INVISIBLE is okay with me.
    • I don't really care one way or the other.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/2020 at 01:12 PM

In games oddball character names are always a big problem.

Like in a RAID you are leader and need to Whisper to someone and you need the FONT set he used to make his name in Russian!

So switch from US English Font to Russian Font to type his name then back to US English Font to talk to him.....INSANE!

18 hours ago, INVISIBLE said:

It looks like my new user name has been causing a little confusion.  So I leave it to you guys to decide...

1) I always wondered what came after Omega - apparently invisibility. It was nice to discover the same.

2) If more individuals, especially pol-------s, understood that transparency actually lends to invisibility - then they would embraces the same.

3) What Beery said, yep, much the same.

4) It is really up to you, if your objectives were met, preference, etc. Either way I had no idea one could do the same (change ID's)!

Mix it up! Choose a new handle every week. :-D

So far as being invisible, you're the author of about 8 threads currently on the first page with replies in others. So it seems a bit incongruous to me. But hey, even the Invisible Man got out in public!

Ed in SoDak is kinda boring but I've used that handle on about any forum I was active in since the 90's, not just on AA. If you bump into any of my posts elsewhere, you'll know to just disregard anything I'm sayin'. :roll: :waving:

I say use the name you like most.

I think people can figure out who you are easily enough, but a "formerly known as Omega" line in the signature block could sort it faster if you're concerned.

Well, I'm officially "Omega-TI" now, and I'm stuck with it for at least 365 days as AtariAge only allows you to change it twice in that period of time.  I contemplated going back to "--- Ω ---", but had complaints that some people could not originate PM's to me without problems and it also made things a little difficult signing on with a cellphone.  

So the deed is done!  Thanks for those who gave their input!

• Like 5

BTW, did you notice that Omega "Ω"  and Omicron "o" , both letters of the Greek alphabet, are closely related: O-mega, O-micron (Big O and small o)? Sometimes a different stress can reveal things you always had before your eyes.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2020 at 8:27 AM, Omega-TI said:

Well, I'm officially "Omega-TI" now, and I'm stuck with it for at least 365 days as AtariAge only allows you to change it twice in that period of time.  I contemplated going back to "--- Ω ---", but had complaints that some people could not originate PM's to me without problems and it also made things a little difficult signing on with a cellphone.  

So the deed is done!  Thanks for those who gave their input!

Congrats. Back to Omega man. Just keep in mind that in the original (though second of that sequence) Omega man (Charlton Heston) was (he thought) the last one standing. You could do worse...  ! (Saw the name used in Tripletech.)

Edited by MikeV
ooops
  • Like 1