IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 5 ~ Crackpots

Vocelli

Crackpots-67,490

Getting closer!!!

I suppose at this point I'll prolly actually say "it's most likely I will get the Patch Score", tho it'll be a bit embarassing if I don't, haha, having said so out loud.

:D

I have the actual Patch, and Wife actually teases me a bit about the ones I have that I haven't "earned", so fingers crossed, I suppose...

The red bugs are still the boogers, but I'm slowly getting the hang of them.

Again, I'm a "tweener", IMO, and I think sometimes the better players may miss the most obvious tips, deeming them..."obvious", lol!

Start every round except the red bug round over the second from left flowerpot-drop that pot immediately, and there's one bug eliminated right off, almost every time.

Most of the time, yur gonna move right, so just drop the pots as you pass them, not "aiming" at anything in particular(this is what Deteacher shared)-they'll still take out some bugs.

As you move back left, continue dropping pots, making sure you catch bugs that need catching outside of your "random throwing".

Start, I think, third from the right on the red bugs, works best for me, you can take out the first one, and often hang at that pot and pick them off, until they get fast-the 50k range is where the red bugs, in particular, get ridiculous.

As it gets really fast, you may even ignore the existence of one of the far right rows, sacrificing those to make sure you have time for the other rows, you should still hit enough bugs to complete the level.

Like Plaque Attack, the score kinda ramps up unexpectedly-if you get that far, I think 50k turns into 75k rather fast.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

2600Crackpots67490.png

• Like 9

On 6/7/2020 at 11:48 AM, Rogerpoco said:

Crackpots-67,490

Getting closer!!!

I suppose at this point I'll prolly actually say "it's most likely I will get the Patch Score", tho it'll be a bit embarassing if I don't, haha, having said so out loud.

:D

I have the actual Patch, and Wife actually teases me a bit about the ones I have that I haven't "earned", so fingers crossed, I suppose...

The red bugs are still the boogers, but I'm slowly getting the hang of them.

Again, I'm a "tweener", IMO, and I think sometimes the better players may miss the most obvious tips, deeming them..."obvious", lol!

Start every round except the red bug round over the second from left flowerpot-drop that pot immediately, and there's one bug eliminated right off, almost every time.

Most of the time, yur gonna move right, so just drop the pots as you pass them, not "aiming" at anything in particular(this is what Deteacher shared)-they'll still take out some bugs.

As you move back left, continue dropping pots, making sure you catch bugs that need catching outside of your "random throwing".

Start, I think, third from the right on the red bugs, works best for me, you can take out the first one, and often hang at that pot and pick them off, until they get fast-the 50k range is where the red bugs, in particular, get ridiculous.

As it gets really fast, you may even ignore the existence of one of the far right rows, sacrificing those to make sure you have time for the other rows, you should still hit enough bugs to complete the level.

Like Plaque Attack, the score kinda ramps up unexpectedly-if you get that far, I think 50k turns into 75k rather fast.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

2600Crackpots67490.png

Good advice. Biggest problem I have with the red bugs is when they cross over in opposite directions -- it's really hard to zip over to the other side of the screen to get a right-going bug after you've potted a left-going one.

If your ground doesn't get cut by the time you reach the third wave of red bugs, the horizontal space the bug covers from the ground to the top window seems to be three windows rather than the usual two. I almost always lose a row at this point, but they seem to slow down and return to normal behaviour after that.

Edited by AtariWarlord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Game arrived in the mail today! So quick! That, and winning the Stampede patch, man what a day! Likin' this game, after some practice, I'm starting to feel a little better about those dang green bugs. Towards the end, I just pretend that I'm playing as the bugs and I'm doing a great job at destroying the building.

crackpots-38k.thumb.JPG.204596ee33dc4e6ae3d7fd1e4de41def.JPG

Havin' a hard time getting a clean picture. What happened to Potsy's face?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, gbag said:

71,690...this is gonna be painful if I don’t get the patch???

B1D2AE53-7668-4374-BB29-EFE2542C9379.jpeg

Hmm.

Opposite problem here.

Gonna be painful if I DO.

Arm killing me, my score is solid, could stop, but...

Nope.

Good Luck, hope ya get it!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Crackpots-76,000

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

I sooo swear, it being a "goal" here was just an awesome push, Vocelli, (I wanted to be Worthy, haha!!!), and this was tops on my list of Patch Scores to push for when I got back to it, I had went on a rampage a while back, but this one just was one step beyond me!

No cares about "finishing position", I'm truly probably done, earned the Patch, made my day-my Wife hassles me a bit about the ones I own, but haven't earned, so this is one less on the list!!!

Wow. Can't believe it. Another one I can mark off with a highlighter on my old-fashioned pen and paper list...

:)

2600Crockpots76000.png

Crackpots.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rogerpoco said:

Crackpots-76,000

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

I sooo swear, it being a "goal" here was just an awesome push, Vocelli, (I wanted to be Worthy, haha!!!), and this was tops on my list of Patch Scores to push for when I got back to it, I had went on a rampage a while back, but this one just was one step beyond me!

No cares about "finishing position", I'm truly probably done, earned the Patch, made my day-my Wife hassles me a bit about the ones I own, but haven't earned, so this is one less on the list!!!

Wow. Can't believe it. Another one I can mark off with a highlighter on my old-fashioned pen and paper list...

:)

2600Crockpots76000.png

Crackpots.jpg

Noice! Congrats! If I owned all those patches, I'd be hassling myself for not getting the score. Now, "Save the Chicken Foundation", that's one I want to earn. Love me some Freeway (head-to-head especially).

• Thanks 1