IGNORED

Reliable Source to Check Prices of Japanese Games

Hi everyone! I'm doing some research to add some Japanese games to my collection. I'd like to have a resource where I can check the price of games but I can't find any. I usually use Price Charting and Game Value Now as reference (I know those sites aren't perfect, but they really give me an idea of how much games are worth). I hate to overpay for games, especially when there's a lot of people buying games for nothing and then reselling them for a small fortune. I tried eBay, but prices are all over the place. Any ideas? I'm looking at Bushido Blade right now and I have no idea is 10 USD is a fair price for that game or not. Thanks in advance and stay safe!

1 minute ago, Newsdee said:

I'd only ever use ebay prices as a maximum. If I see local stores charging as much as ebay, I know I should pass. 

Yes, ebay is terrible. I see things on ebay for double the price that I find them for in town... or greater, in the case of my SuperGrafx, which I got in late March/early April for far less than half of the price of the cheapest SuperGrafx on ebay right now, and that's including tax on my SuperGrafx and not counting shipping on the ebay ones. Ebay is absolutely to be avoided if possible. There are exceptions, and you can find decent things there sometimes, but it's not worth it.

Anyone who wants to get old Japanese games and does not live in Japan will most likely (but not always) get ripped off buying them online and having them shipped internationally when you compare the prices to what we pay for them here. The only ways around this are to either go to Japan and buy stuff yourself or have someone in Japan buy games for you and send them to you. For the past year, I've been considering making my own business doing this, as I've mentioned in a few other threads, but I probably won't unless I can figure out a fair pricing strategy.

Maybe buying games on Japanese websites that do not ship internationally and sending the purchased games to a forwarding company would work, but I am not sure and I doubt it would save much, if any, money at all.

The only eBay seller I recommend for imports is zipangugame. I think I've spent under $100 on my Famicom collection thanks to this seller. Unfortunately, due to [REDACTED] their shipping prices went up.

Edited by Magmavision2000