IGNORED

PORTA IRQ

TGB1718

I know PORTA can be set to use an IRQ by setting a bit in PACTL register, but I can't find

any information about a vector for the IRQ or how to set the IRQ to process your code.

I've looked though many books and manual, and lots say it's there, but not how to use it.

Any pointers will be much appreciated

From Mapping the Atari:

514,515 202,203 VPRCED

Serial (peripheral) proceed line vector, initialized to 59314 ($E7B2), which is merely a PLA, RTI instruction sequence. It is used when an IRQ interrupt occurs due to the serial I/O bus proceed line which is available for peripheral use. According to De Re Atari, this interrupt is not used and points to a PLA, RTI instruction sequence. This interrupt is handled by the PIA chip and can be used to provide more control over external devices. See the OS Listing, page 33.

516,517 204,205 VINTER

Serial (peripheral) interrupt vector, initialized to 59314 ($E7B2). Used for the IRQ interrupt due to a serial bus I/O interrupt. According to De Re Atari, this interrupt is not used and points to a PLA, RTI sequence. This interrupt is processed by PIA. See the OS Listing, page 33.

Could be VPRCED @ $202

C0A0: 68                PLA
    C0A1: AA                TAX
    C0A2: 2C 02 D3          BIT PACTL
    C0A5: 10 06             BPL $C0AD
    C0A7: AD 00 D3          LDA PORTA
    C0AA: 6C 02 02          JMP (VPRCED)

[Edit] ah, crossed over in posting - but I suspect the OP might be asking for something like transition on pin type IRQs?

Edited by Wrathchild