IGNORED

Anyone Know What This Is?

24 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

My company is currently all about velocity.  It's a customer focused approach to shift the paradigm while focusing on core competencies ?

Very proactive! Surely a market-back approach is the best way to take it to the next level! It is what it is.

(I'm fluent in this stuff.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

My company is currently all about velocity.  It's a customer focused approach to shift the paradigm while focusing on core competencies ?

Man,now I gotta go figure out exactly what all that means!

Do you ever wish you could take the company policy and see what velocity you could get throwing out the window?

On 6/5/2020 at 12:58 PM, BSRSteve said:

I have been going through a bunch of Keith's old photos and found this one. I haven't run across the item pictured and don't know where the picture was taken. Anyone know what it is?

WeveGotTheMomentum.jpg

First thing I thought:  "We've got the momentum!  Unfortunately, it's angular momentum."  (Or worse, "downward momentum.")

That does look like a neat lucite block.  I wonder where in the timeline that was produced.  If it was 1979, it's optimistic enthusiasm.  Fall 1983?  Futilely clapping for tinkerbell.

Speaking of corporate goals that don't work well if taken literally:  At my previous job, management set a goal for our business to grow at twice the rate of our competitors.  I asked what I thought was an obvious question:  "What they're declining?"  I know I sure don't want 2⨉ a negative growth rate...

On 6/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

On 6/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, cmadruga said:

Very proactive! Surely a market-back approach is the best way to take it to the next level! It is what it is.

(I'm fluent in this stuff.)

On 6/5/2020 at 3:44 PM, krslam said:

Where's the Synergy?

On 6/6/2020 at 6:52 PM, the1hatman said:

Now you're thinking outside of the box! 

Any more buzzwords like that, and I'll have to make you recite the mission statement!

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, intvnut said:

First thing I thought:  "We've got the momentum!  Unfortunately, it's angular momentum."  (Or worse, "downward momentum.")

That does look like a neat lucite block.  I wonder where in the timeline that was produced.  If it was 1979, it's optimistic enthusiasm.  Fall 1983?  Futilely clapping for tinkerbell.

Speaking of corporate goals that don't work well if taken literally:  At my previous job, management set a goal for our business to grow at twice the rate of our competitors.  I asked what I thought was an obvious question:  "What they're declining?"  I know I sure don't want 2⨉ a negative growth rate...

Any more buzzwords like that, and I'll have to make you recite the mission statement!

That's really cool,thank you for sharing it.

I have actually somehow never seen that before! ??

6 hours ago, intvnut said:

Tinkerbell... ha! Otherwise known as the "volume fairy".

PS.: I have used the picture below in actual meetings.

let's all clap our hands and say "I believe in the volume fairy ...

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 2

That must be the block referred to in the Mattel Electronics page in the History section of the old Blue Sky Rangers' website.  I forgot who it was, but somebody held it at arm's length, let it fall to the floor, looked down at it, and said "Yep."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zendocon said:

That must be the block referred to in the Mattel Electronics page in the History section of the old Blue Sky Rangers' website.  I forgot who it was, but somebody held it at arm's length, let it fall to the floor, looked down at it, and said "Yep."

Are you sure that wasn't on one of the CDs or maybe a video?  I tried finding that anecdote looking at both the Intellivision Lives! Blue Sky section, and the much older Making It Blue Sky section, over at archive.org.  I tried a few date ranges, but no luck.  You might have better luck than I did.

1 minute ago, intvsteve said:

By the looks I'd guess it's from the handheld heyday, but just because it has that 70s cheese vibe.

That was my guess too.  The "vanishing point" effect and what not just amplify it.  It fits well with the early Keyboard Component marketing video, back when Space Battle was still Battlestar Galactica.