IGNORED

6er won’t play games that 4 will

Yar90

I recently found a 6er on Craigslist for $35 and swiped it up. I tried a few games on it and a majority of them worked while others didn’t. The ones that didn’t work on the 6er work just fine on my 4 switch... what’s up with that???

Could it be that the cartridge is not being pushed completely into the slot, so that all of the pins are not making contact?

Do the non-working games give the same display as when no cartridge is inserted? 

I made sure to push the game cartridges in all the way. 

Most of them show a black screen except Berzerk which shows crooked lines and a few colors. 

What is strange is that when I first brought the 6er home the games that’s don't work now did then but only for like 10 minutes. 

There's timing issues with some 6-switch and certain revision motherboards that affects a handful of Activision, Mattel games and some homebrews. A simple fix exists... buried somewhere near the end of this thread I believe:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/232964-stay-frosty-2-doesnt-work-on-six-switchers/