IGNORED

Waiting on my Jag games to come in the mail

Tommywilley84

Got four different Jag titles I've ordered from various sources online. Tempest 2000, Wolfenstein 3d, Cannon Fodder and Iron Soldier. Super pumped for them to finally arrive. Sadly they will all probably be late due to so many issues going on with the mail in general. Really curious about cannon fodder as I have literally never played any version of it before. 

• Like 1

Feel the same.  I have most of the original library titles I want at this point, but I'm waiting for Rebooteroids from the Atariage store and some ST port carts right now.  So much hype on these forums for Rebooteroids my expectations are sky high at this point!  Luckily I have T2K to keep me entertained in the meantime ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

Feel the same.  I have most of the original library titles I want at this point, but I'm waiting for Rebooteroids from the Atariage store and some ST port carts right now.  So much hype on these forums for Rebooteroids my expectations are sky high at this point!  Luckily I have T2K to keep me entertained in the meantime ?

Have you played defender of the crown? It looks like a really cool port

Edited by Tommywilley84

Those were some good choices. I probably don't need to say much about T2K. Wolf 3D on the Jag is a pretty good port with updated artwork from the original. Iron Soldier is a fun mech game that is worth spending some time with. As for Cannon Fodder, it's a pretty fun game, although the difficulty does tend to ramp up pretty quickly. The game was originally designed for computers, so it works best with mouse controls, but the Jag's control scheme for it actually works quite well. Overall, those games should provide you with plenty of fun!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sauron said:

Those were some good choices. I probably don't need to say much about T2K. Wolf 3D on the Jag is a pretty good port with updated artwork from the original. Iron Soldier is a fun mech game that is worth spending some time with. As for Cannon Fodder, it's a pretty fun game, although the difficulty does tend to ramp up pretty quickly. The game was originally designed for computers, so it works best with mouse controls, but the Jag's control scheme for it actually works quite well. Overall, those games should provide you with plenty of fun!

Iron soldier actually came in the mail today. Can't wait to get into it tonight once the one year old goes to bed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

A quick tip for Iron Soldier, as I don't think it's mentioned in the manual:  you can pivot much more quickly if you hold down A+C while turning.  It speeds up your movement just enough to make things easier.

Pretty good game so far, I got to admit Im struggling just beating the first four levels. I get 3 beaten and then I end up with game over before beating the fourth. I will definitely take that advice 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 8:43 PM, Tommywilley84 said:

Have you played defender of the crown? It looks like a really cool port

I have it, and it IS a really good port! The music score has been upgraded to an orchestral score which sounds amazing. Graphically it is on par with the Amiga version. The only bummer I can think of is the talk with Robin Hood in the beginning. That scene is not there...just the text that you are speaking to him and the fire crackling sound over a nighttime picture of a castle.

But, other than that small difference, the rest of the game is just as you remember, and again, the music is better than the Amiga (non-CD) version. It might be better than the CD version or on par as well, but I never played that version so I really cannot say ;)

It also supports ST and Amiga mice with an adapter which I also have, and that works superbly.

Defender of the Crown is limited to 300 copies and when I received mine it was #273 IIRC. That said, I would say to grab this one soon. The presentation is awesome as well. Super nice box with gold numbered sticker, full color manual.

Probably now my favorite port of the game even with the one missing Robin Hood intro scene. It is just great to have this on a cartridge with the high quality music and graphics.

Edited by eightbit