IGNORED

Evolution Dino dudes

Tommywilley84

You're probably not going to find too many fans of the game here. Personally, I think it's a slightly below-average puzzler that could have been done a lot better. Others have been known to have some fun with the game, though, so your mileage may vary.

I'd pass on that one, at best its mediocre. Zoop would be a better title to go with. Rebooteroids is universally recommended here, I'd grab that if you don't already have it. I would also recommend Protector SE from AA's own Songbird (Carl) as well though those are obviously totally different types of games.

• Like 1

Evolution: Dino Dudes is one of my favorite games on the Jaguar. I might be the only person who has beaten all 80 levels in one sitting. Of course not everybody likes that kind of puzzle game, so you may not be a fan. There are some Jaguar fans like me who really enjoy though.

• Like 3

I quite like it, took me ages to spot there are switch things to stand on as I got stuck as I lost too many dudes on a level and seemed to be one short of what I needed to complete a later level.

But I don't mind games that make me have to think or find the right strategy to win, such as Lemmings, Worms, Syndicate and Space Hulk

On 6/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, Tommywilley84 said:

Thinking of ordering this title soon to add to my growing collection of Jag titles along with some of the homebrew titles out there. From what I understand Dino Dudes is a puzzle game and seems like a pretty laid back title for a night in. Anyone here enjoy this game?

Normally, I'd come up with some really long explanation on how it neatly fits into the Jaguar's overall collection of games, and fits a niche not found anywhere else in the gaming industry; however, I'm going to be honest this time. I think I put the cartridge in once or twice... probably didn't even get through the intro screen, and then pulled it out again. This is the "M.O." for like 90% of my Atari Jaguar games.

Unless you are afflicted as I am, with Jaguarcollectivitis, then I suggest you hop on YouTube, watch the videos, and only then fork over your plastic digits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 2:47 PM, 82-T/A said:

Normally, I'd come up with some really long explanation on how it neatly fits into the Jaguar's overall collection of games, and fits a niche not found anywhere else in the gaming industry; however, I'm going to be honest this time. I think I put the cartridge in once or twice... probably didn't even get through the intro screen, and then pulled it out again. This is the "M.O." for like 90% of my Atari Jaguar games.

Unless you are afflicted as I am, with Jaguarcollectivitis, then I suggest you hop on YouTube, watch the videos, and only then fork over your plastic digits.

I ordered a cartridge and have played some of it. Wonderful game in my opinion. Glad I gave it a shot

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 4:04 AM, Tommywilley84 said:

I ordered a cartridge and have played some of it. Wonderful game in my opinion. Glad I gave it a shot

The other versions are called "the Humans"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Humans_(video_game)

It appears the work originally started on Lynx then get to Amiga then ported back to Jag ... I didn't bother to track it down, given a version is available on Amiga, CD32, SNES, Genesis and PC ... I don't even know if the Jag is the best version out there ... I think I like the sarcastic comment of "the videogame critic":"When a one-player game requires 'teamwork', that's never a good sign" .... 

https://videogamecritic.com/jaguarae.htm?e=97810#rev1555