IGNORED

Gave Neutral Feedback on eBay...then it disappeared??

Curious if anyone has insight on this. I won a game in an eBay auction that ended on May 19th. I paid immediately, as I always do. The seller didn't bother to ship it until May 28th. About halfway through that timeframe, I asked him if he had shipped it yet and he nonchalantly said he had not but that he'd eventually get around to it. Umm...what? I ultimately got it on May 29th (yes, the day after he shipped, because I ironically live only 45 minutes from him).

So, I ultimately left neutral feedback because the item was as described, but he waited nine days to ship, and I felt that warranted neutral feedback, especially since he didn't reach out to me expressing remorse for not shipping earlier or anything. A few days later, I noticed that the neutral feedback I had left had disappeared. My question is how? It was perfectly warranted. Thanks for any insight...

14 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

A few days later, I noticed that the neutral feedback I had left had disappeared. My question is how? It was perfectly warranted. Thanks for any insight...

Call eBay, that's the only way you're going to learn why it was removed.

..Al

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Call eBay, that's the only way you're going to learn why it was removed.

..Al

Ugh, probably not worth it. I will say that in another twist of irony, since it qualified for a "Guaranteed Delivery by X," I managed to get a $5 eBay credit since he missed that delivery date guarantee by a long shot!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Ugh, probably not worth it. I will say that in another twist of irony, since it qualified for a "Guaranteed Delivery by X," I managed to get a $5 eBay credit since he missed that delivery date guarantee by a long shot!

I agree, probably not worth the hassle.  I can actually call eBay and get a human on the phone immediately, but not sure that's available to everyone.  I've taken advantage of this a few times, but if I had to wait on hold for a while to get someone, I probably wouldn't bother most of the time.

..Al

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

If I had to wait on hold for a while to get someone, I probably wouldn't bother most of the time.

eBay seems to have switched to a call-back system now, so there's no "hold". The delay to return call has been minimal of late. I wish I didn't know that, but I do.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

His reply to you asking why it took nine days to ship was nonchalant. However, you can set your auctions up to have 10 business days handling time. But I doubt he set his up that way, and if he did he should of explained that.

Yeah there's no way he had that, as eBay gives a flag on the listing warning would-be bidders it'll take a while to get the item, plus eBay's algorithm or whatever had this item listed as part of their Guaranteed Delivery program, so again, couldn't have been an excessive handling time. I will say I'm annoyed that they removed the ability for buyers to see "seller will ship within X days," or at least I can no longer find it in general - perhaps they merged it with the "estimated delivery" range. 

13 minutes ago, kennybrooks said:

They are relaxing shipping times due to COVID19 and for some sellers will remove feedback related to shipping delays.

Yeah, I'm waiting to be hit with negative or neutral feedback due to shipping delays, particularly with international sales.  Packages are often taking over a month to even leave the US (through Chicago), and I've seen delays of over two months once they hit the destination country (Germany, I'm looking at you!)  I may disable international sales on eBay for now.

..Al

30 minutes ago, kennybrooks said:

They are relaxing shipping times due to COVID19 and for some sellers will remove feedback related to shipping delays.

Transit times I totally get. This was the seller being lazy and having a nine day HANDLING time, despite having a "Guaranteed Delivery" of a few days after the auction ended. 

22 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yeah, I'm waiting to be hit with negative or neutral feedback due to shipping delays, particularly with international sales.  Packages are often taking over a month to even leave the US (through Chicago), and I've seen delays of over two months once they hit the destination country (Germany, I'm looking at you!)  I may disable international sales on eBay for now.

..Al

I have an item that has been in Customs(Chicago) for 2 months now.  The buyer has opened a case against me and I will most likely lose the games and the money. ?

9 minutes ago, atari181 said:

I believe anytime a top rated seller gets a negative or neutral feedback ebay evaluates it and may remove it.  I received a neutral due to USPS for late arrival and POOF! it was gone.  It showed up on my monthly report as "feedback removed"

Bizarre. Definitely shouldn't be that way. 

1 hour ago, atari181 said:

I have an item that has been in Customs(Chicago) for 2 months now.  The buyer has opened a case against me and I will most likely lose the games and the money. ?

Yeah, that really sucks, especially given these circumstances are beyond everyone's control.  That buyer will certainly get his goods, as it's not like the packages are going into a huge shredder, at least, one would hope.  My buyers have so far been patient with me, but it's only a matter of time before one decides it's taking too long and files a claim.  I hope your item isn't terribly expensive. 

..Al

I recently sold a game and the buyer sent me a message asking for tracking. I told him I have up to three business days handling time and warned him about how long the post office is taking. He replied saying that there are no delays with the post office and it is business as usual. Then said if he doesn't have the game by whatever day he came up with that he would consider it late. WTF!! Needless to say I canceled his order ASAP!!

• Like 1

The exact same thing happened to me a few days ago.  I bought a box gardening staples in May and the seller never shipped the item.  The thing is, he never replied to my polite inquiries.  I definitely would understand either personal or covid-19 related issues.  I try to be flexible.

I ended up opening a case, which of course he didn't reply to either.  Ebay issued a refund to me a few days ago. 

I left negative feedback for non-communication after I received the refund.  I double-checked after reading this thread and the feedback I left is gone.

How will other buyers know about this guy's behavior if ebay just sweeps negative feedback under the rug?  So frustrating.  :mad:

4 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

I recently sold a game and the buyer sent me a message asking for tracking. I told him I have up to three business days handling time and warned him about how long the post office is taking. He replied saying that there are no delays with the post office and it is business as usual. Then said if he doesn't have the game by whatever day he came up with that he would consider it late. WTF!! Needless to say I canceled his order ASAP!!

Haha this guy sounds a little nuts for sure!

3 minutes ago, 8_is_enuff said:

I left negative feedback for non-communication after I received the refund.  I double-checked after reading this thread and the feedback I left is gone.

How will other buyers know about this guy's behavior if ebay just sweeps negative feedback under the rug?  So frustrating.  :mad:

Yes! Exactly. Though I think eBay has some weird rules where if you receive a refund, they consider the issue "handled" and that you aren't eligible to leave feedback, and maybe the eBay bots noticed that shortly after you left it? Just a hunch. 

I purchased a factory sealed game recently that had a starting bid of $0.99.  I placed my bid on day 1 of 7 and no one else bid.  I won for $0.99.  The game was probably worth $10+ sealed.  I paid within seconds after I won it and about 5 min later the seller cancelled and refunded my order.  I had to dig to find the reason, which was "item damaged or out of stock".  I messaged the seller asking why they cancelled my order and got no response.  After a month or so I left a negative feedback (I believe my first and only negative feedback ever; and my eBay score is just shy of 1000).  I just checked and it never showed up on the seller's feedback history.  WTF!?  I wanted to express my dissatisfaction ?

7 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Yeah I hope I made it clear that I totally understanding shipping delays related to COVID, etc.. I was peeved at this guy sitting on the item for nine days before bothering to ship it and I got it six days after the "guaranteed" delivery date. 

Shipping delays are one thing. He didn't even make the effort to get your package TO the Post Office to get it moving. That's different.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swami said:

That's why anything less than 99% on eBay looks bad. Even 99.3% is a red flag. Kinda Cuckoo.

It can be, yes, as Al stated, you should click on it and read what it was about.  Some people throw negative feedback at the drop of a hat without ever contacting the seller. 

I bend over backwards to try to keep people happy, but you get many people who don't take the time to even message me and they open a case against you or leave bad feedback.  As a seller you then usually have to go above and beyond to try to resolve it and get the buyer to do a feedback revision. 

8 hours ago, Albert said:

Yeah, that really sucks, especially given these circumstances are beyond everyone's control.  That buyer will certainly get his goods, as it's not like the packages are going into a huge shredder, at least, one would hope.  My buyers have so far been patient with me, but it's only a matter of time before one decides it's taking too long and files a claim.  I hope your item isn't terribly expensive. 

..Al

It was $120 so nothing that will break me.  I generally don't sell anything more than that overseas.  Tracking can be very iffy in many countries during regular circumstances.  Most of my customers have been understanding as well.  Just this one that has earned a block!