IGNORED

full MAME setup packages for Geneve, TI99-8,99-2,tomy

hloberg

here are several full setup packages for MAME. The packages include; docs, disk, HD, roms, etc... . the they all use MAME 200 and above. just add MAME/MESS into MESS221 dir. change the name of the MAME/MESS executable to MESS64a. execute the (computername).bat file to run the emulator

99-8, 99-2 & Tomy.zip Geneve.zip

notes: Geneve boots straight to HD. the 99-2, tomy are tape based. the 99-8 really needs a i5 or greater to run.

lots of stuff here, have fun.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

thanks hloberg, there is a way to add also Exelvision EXL100 ?
I seen a video on YT that it works but can't be able to find stuff for add it.

here is the latest and greatest MAME stuff for the EXL100. it comes up with an error screen of not yet finished. but looks like it may work with a cartridge as the open screen comes up? unknown, as I was unable to find any cart files for the system. but I don't read French so I could have been passing right over stuff and not know it. it you get it to work repost it with carts or whatever.

interesting little system I never heard of that used TI parts.  good luck.

exc100-MAME221.zip

• Like 3

Cool!, i tried it and it start with the main screen of the Exl100 and stop-
i will try to find some software package for other trials :) anyway it is a start at least.
I can't understand French me too but can use the translator easily, as for every other language that i can't read ?

I have the real Exelvision, so have possibility to emulate it on Mame could be nice. thanks a lot for the help :)

Edited by ti99iuc

30 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Seems as if it's this one: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/exelv.cpp

Scroll down to the end of the file, you see that the COMP declaration has the flag MACHINE_NOT_WORKING. This means that this driver is incomplete; someone has to pick it up and bring it to a working state.

this gives me a good chance to look at some MAME code. not as complex as I thought but still a lot I don't know.

But, I see Raphael Nabet was the last one working on it in 2004 or did someone log 13 days ago? looking at the code the stop came with the I/O not having a good ROM dump. So what I gather Raphael created the I/O from the schematic data but had no way to test the unknowns without a good ROM dump?