IGNORED

user manuals for STe?

was there an official Atari user manual for the STe line?  I know there was one for the Mega STe, how about the 520/1040 STe?  Reason I ask is my STe has two ports on the left hand side that look to be joystick ports although the regular bottom ports are present.  Thanks

• 1 month later...

There was a free game released in late 2009 called r0x, where you dodged asteroids made especially for the 4MB STe and the Enhanced Joystick Ports.  Very addictive and well made game and even works on the Falcon 030, although the online demos do not show it at its best, e.g. the super smooth parallax scrolling.  The joystick to use in those special ports is the Jagpad, which was very cheap to buy when I got one ten years ago from Ebay UK.

r0x (Atari STE) (2009) - Official webpage with download links

Another free STe game that came out recently is this, and it is multiplayer using all the availble ports etc.  FROGS for ATARI STe V1.2 - Webpage with download link

Another free 1MB STe game from 2017 is a homebrew of the classic Pole Position arcade game, which is close to perfect with 60fps and full use of DMA chip.  https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=327993&sid=adb2f12868cb27f3d91fd73e50cb542f#p327993Pole Position arcade conversion with download link

YouTube Demo Video - Atari ST Pole Position - release candidate 27 September 2017